1911Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
357 sig saur 1911 tacops. Love the gun and fired perfectly for about 500 rounds. Recently however, the grip safety seems to stick or something els I'm very confused but if I release the grip safety and re-engage it it will fire. I've seen other posts where it sticks and will keep firing without engaging this isn't the case. Please if anyone know I'd appreciate any info, i also apologize if this is some kind of known issue. I'm probably gonna take it to a Smith soon I just wanna know what it is before hand plz and thanks

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Welcome to this 1911 forum site from Italy.

Do you clean and lube your pistol after every shooting session?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hi from North Dakota. Experts ( NOT including yours truly) will be along shortly. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I do, I use frog lube and clean it as thoroughly as possible. The only issue I had besides this new issue was I had a round rupture once and it hasn't seemed quite the same sense. I dunno if that could have knocked something loose or not but I do clean it regularly after every outing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also thanks for the welcome so far a huge fan of 1911. Never had a pistol with the grip safety however and feel its something specific to that

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I just more or less wanted an answer if its something that happens often. I have a few smiths in the area wouldn't cost much but they also usually take a ton of time. If its an easy fix

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your issue might be two different incidents or a chain of incidents, you had mentioned froglube, curious as how you applied it. Field strip it have a look around and unscrew grips take a look inside. To see any apparent damage. If you're not comfortable doing that send it back under warranty. If you decide to take the grips off make sure you tighten it back up really good, after a few rounds of firing it they become loose if not tightened properly. I hope this helps a little bit.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
How did you have an accident like that? Are you shooting your own reloads?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, it was American ammunition. And I noticed another bullet in the box that had been slightly depressed too far into the casing, so maybe just a bad box. I don't buy it anymore however

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
appreciate it, I'll give a look and see if anything obvious stands out. Otherwise I'll just have a smith take a look. Frog lube is my favorite so far, I apply it mostly to the wear, after cleaning you can tell where the metal is rubbing

·
Premium Member
2,863 Posts
Yes I do, I use frog lube and clean it as thoroughly as possible. The only issue I had besides this new issue was I had a round rupture once and it hasn't seemed quite the same sense. I dunno if that could have knocked something loose or not but I do clean it regularly after every outing
Frog Lube = coconut oil

If you had a firing problem and now have a mechanical problem, get it to a qualified 1911-smith. You may have one within driving distance, depending on where you live. I am wondering if a piece of that ruptured brass ended-up somewhere it should not have gone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts