1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a SPRINGFIELD fulsize stainless loaded. Is this a good place to start? How do they compare to KIMBERS?

ALSO, after briefly looking over these posts, I am seeing that Springfields or some of their parts are made in BRAZIL. Whats up with that? Are there any known issues with any of these models?

It LOOKS to me like SA has very good customer service, and this make me feel confident with buying from them. Is the overall consenus that they are very good...?( If anyone knows..How is Kimber?)

Thanks for your time guys...
-JOE

·
Registered
647 Posts
If you ask in here, you know we are going to recommend SA. Everybody turns out a lemon gun from time to time, but by and large, we are very happy with our Springfields. I hear Kimbers are good, and if you want a firing pin safety, you may want to look into them. But here, we are all about our Springfields. :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've owned several Springfields and have had no problems with any of them. I've had a couple Kimbers and they are a fine piece also. I like the lifetime warranty you get with a Springer. I also only live 40 miles away from them so it only makes sense for me to stick with them. I can drop off guns if I have a problem and talk to the tech face to face. I don't see how you could go wrong with either brand.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Auggie-

Not to hijack this thread too much. but what is your impression of the facilities and people at SA? You said you've gone there.
Do they allow tours of the facility? I'm too far away to ever go there, but I am interested in hearing the impressions of someone who has actually set foot in their facilities.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
274 Posts
The people I've dealt with are very nice and eager to help. I stopped in unannounced one time to see about swapping out a rear sight, thought I'd have to leave it. Deb went to the shop and brought up a tech to see what I wanted and they swapped the sight while I waited. I wouldn't make a habit of sneaking up on them, but they passed my test impressively.

I haven't been behind the magic door. The techs come out to see you in the small lobby. They do have tours but I got the feeling they were only for visiting dignitarys. Maybe Deb could shed some light on this as I would be very interested in taking the tour if I knew when one was happening. From the outside it is a big ole steel building with offices in front.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I already sent off an email and asked about tours. I live about 70 miles from there and asked if I could get a tour and possibly by a gun while I was there. They no longer give tours, and unless its a costum gun your picking up they no longer sell the guns there. I drive by Geneseo a lot while going to my mother in laws too so I asked about the tours. I was thinking of droping by and seeing about getting a lighter trigger job and some different sights put on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts