1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a series 70 1911. Not a reproduction but from the late 70s. I'd have to check the serial number to be sure of the date. This thing looks new and I'm pretty jazzed. I stayed away from Colts for a long time because of bad press but I have to say I'm proud to own the real 1911.

·
Registered
23,210 Posts
And before anyone asks. Not the orig. sights Sorry..... gone. Not the orig. trigger, but do have the orig. Not the orig stocks, but do have them. Not the the orig. MSH, but do have it. I have resprung it several times but still have the original springs (like anyone cares).

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Congrats, looks great! My first "real" Colt 1911 is in the mail, I should be able to go get it Monday, I hope. It's a new-in-box Colt WWII M1911A1 reproduction, I'm hoping it'll be a good'un.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
burntmypiston said:
Is there a sticky here where I can find the serial number and year of manufacture?

Weekdays, call 1-800-962-Colt (Colt customer service) and ask. Immediate response.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Yeah, just call Colt and ask for Customer Service. They will tell you the year it was made. They are really nice folks to call.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
dakota1911 said:
And before anyone asks. Not the orig. sights Sorry..... gone. Not the orig. trigger, but do have the orig. Not the orig stocks, but do have them. Not the the orig. MSH, but do have it. I have resprung it several times but still have the original springs (like anyone cares).
Saving the original springs is something I have also done on a few occasions....

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Glad you finally decided to ignore the "bad press". Congrats........I hope you are not swayed by "bad press" anymore.......:scratch:

·
Administrator
73,831 Posts
The Series 80 models were introduced in 1983.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tryed to take this sucker apart and MAN IS IT TIGHT! Gotta go get a bushing wrench. Wonder if the collet bushing makes it tight?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts