1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I've been reading this forum for quite a while, and I finally joined the other day. I am very impressed by the amount of information on this site and the willingness of everyone to help each other out. I will try and contribute to the site as best I can. So far my only .45 is a 1991a1 that I bought slightly used for 375, It is very tight and quite accurate, and the machining throughout is excellent. I'm dissapointed that I don't have any problems to ask about. :rock: Thanks for letting me be a part of this community.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Wow, good price on the Colt.

Hey I'm just now re-watching the entire DVD series, after seeing the film version of Serenity. Several fun things with guns in this series.

In the "Out of Gas" episode, the guy who brings the crystallizer replacement and then shoots Mal trying to take over Serenity, I think he uses a 1911, looks like GI-style sights. Can't help but wonder why Mal wasn't wearing the same type of body armor that Zoe was in the pilot episode, when she got shot in the chest by Patience' men.

Did you notice in the "Heart of Gold" episode, when Jayne is explaining to his female friend about when to hand him the guns, there is a stainless Ruger Government model laying among them on the bed? A .22 LR is an odd choice for a long-range gunfight isn't it? Well, they don't go into the guns all that much I guess.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, they don't get it right everytime, but the guns are pretty cool in the show. I love the 1991 though, it shoots great, and the blueing is still wearing off of the barrel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here is the 1991 with the new grips and mainspring housing.

Please don't make assumptions about my upbringing, The scratch from the slide release was there when I bought it. :dope:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.