1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, since you guys were great in helping me out with my norinco problem, i have another question.

just picked up a used Delta Elite. It has what appears to be a threaded (from what i see bull barrel) barrel with the comp on it. Full length guide rod, with an insert hollow plug to contain it. ok, big stupid question here.

How in the hell do you strip this thing to clean it?

i have never owned a compensated gun, i want to return this gun to stock. I am i going to need a smith? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
disregard previous post.

Decided to take the delta back for a refund. Have to say i am at the very least pissed. Cant see why someone would put, or design, a comp on a weapon, with no obvious way to take down to clean. There is no pin hole to use a paperclip, no way to unscrew the comp from the barrel. Thanks for the looks at this post, i guess you guys are as stumped as i am.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Most full length guide rods do unscrew or have a pin hole. Even if it doesn't have an allen head I bet that it would unscrew. Seen several like that. Another way to strip the gun is to push the gun forward and remove the slide release and take the top end off. Sometimes the guide rod will come out with the spring from the inside. Wish I saw your question earlier. Paul

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,525 Posts
Even without a pin hole in the guide rod, the slide could have been pulled off the front, while carefully controlling the spring and rod. It might have been a bear to get back together, though.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
wildcard, now that you got it apart, it's no big deal to drill a take down hole in the guide rod. just lock the slide to the rear, mark the rod a tad forward of the reverse plug, disassemble and drill.

·
Banned
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i may do just that supercomp. most likely i will order a new standard barell, return it to stock and slap a full length guide rod in it. so if anyone wants to purchase the old barell, message me, i appears to be a factory colt barell with a 1 port comp on it. will cut a good deal.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Wildcard -

You really don't need to drill a pin hole in the guide rod for easy disassembly. If fact you can take the thing apart faster if you just 1) pull the slide stop out. 2) remove the slide and turn upside down. 3) depress the guide rod slightly and lift out from the inside. 4) flip the link forward and slide the barrel out of the front of the slide. Wala it's that easy.

MadDog :p

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,525 Posts
Containing a 20-24# spring during the disassembley process can make life interesting; I'd drill the hole.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts