1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently removed a DW Valor from CA jail and added an Ed Brown magwell with matching LPI checkering.

Of course, the thin grips that came with the valor look out of place.

I've been eye-effing sarges grips for years and now I have a reason to buy a set.

Wants:

Dark color
Smooth finish
Mag release relief cut
Blends well with magwell

I LOVE the "Les Baer Walnut Burl" grips Sarge made but they are sold.

The rosewood grips have my attention as well but they do not appear to be made for a magwell'd 1911.

Need some recommendations.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Contact Sarge and let him know what kind of grips interest you. He probably has some blanks along your line, or can get them easily enough.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Contact Sarge and let him know what kind of grips interest you. He probably has some blanks along your line, or can get them easily enough.
Yeah, what he said. It sounds like you know what you want, just let Sarge know and I bet he can fix you up. That way they'll be exactly what you want.

Pics when you get 'em.

dakotaTex

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
Yeah, what he said. It sounds like you know what you want, just let Sarge know and I bet he can fix you up. That way they'll be exactly what you want.

Pics when you get 'em.

dakotaTex
And now me makes three. Give Sarge a call.

Rick

·
Registered
66 Posts
Another vote for Raasco Grips. I just put a set of Charcoal Silvertone Dymondwood grips from Raasco on my DW Guardian .45 and really like them. They are available in a huge assortment of colors, sizes, shapes, and options. They also have several different profiles to match well to various magwells.

Here's a shot of mine. I plan to do a full review of them soon.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Another vote for Raasco Grips. I just put a set of Charcoal Silvertone Dymondwood grips from Raasco on my DW Guardian .45 and really like them. They are available in a huge assortment of colors, sizes, shapes, and options. They also have several different profiles to match well to various magwells.

Here's a shot of mine. I plan to do a full review of them soon.

Those are nice. I generally get my wood grips from Lone Star and my G10s from Larry Davidson, but that's a good look.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't have a DW yet, but am looking at buying one soon. In reading your thread, I took the trip to Sarge's to look at his grips, as I have a new Ed Brown two-tone that I've been looking for grips for since I got it 2 weeks ago. Lo and behold, he had a set of his buckeye burl grips that weren't sold yet that I really liked. They're sold now, and I can't wait to get them, even though they won't be going on a new DW, so don't hold that against me on this thread!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts