1911Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lwt officers oacp made it quicker than I thought. I have been cleaning, lubing and stoning and will post pic's in a bit. I do consider at 550.00 including 4 excellent condition mags it is a Score!

I am really happy with it now that I have seen it up close. The frame is in very nice condition and that is what I worry about most since it's an alloy frame, the ramp looks like new. The slide has some light scratches, that don't penetrate the bluing which is pretty normal and some of the edges are shiny.

To me it doesn't look like it's been fired much at all and I'm willing to bet it's been a safe queen for a while after it was carried some. One reason I say that is because it has an older style, not turned up squared off beavertails that doesn't have much wear at all. My first thought is that "this must go" but for carry I'm almost liking it I may just file the squared off a little more rounded and keep it on. It also has an extended thumb safety on it and as far as I can tell these tow items and possibly the trigger (not sure which these came with) are the only things that have been changed. The factory plug is a weak spot on these but this one the tang is still perfect, another reason I think it hasn't been shot much.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts