1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just acquired a Premier II in excellent shape with a serial # in the 16XX's. Came with a black shok buff. Which buffs do you premier guys use? What recoil spring for factory hardball? Pistol shoots great and is as tight as a drum thanks, larry

·
Registered
474 Posts
Seabass,
Congrats on your Premier II. The recoil spring is an 18.5 lb Wolff spring. I just buy the clear shok-buffs from Baer. They run $7.00 for 4 of them. You can contact Les Baer Custom at (309)-658-2716 and order them directly from the source.

------------------

[This message has been edited by oldcolt (edited 10-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by oldcolt (edited 10-04-2001).]

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
My PII has a clear shok buff installed from the factory. You certainly got a nice one with a very low serial number. I've heard they have a much better craftsmanship than the new Baers even the performance are quite the same. For instance, the older Baers have a real Bo-mar or Novak sights, while mine has the Baer sight. But it works well. Anyway, congratulations.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Francis, I had to settle for "Seabass" because my real nickname "Big mouth bass" was ALREADY TAKEN

I also bought a couple of new
8 round Les Baer mags from Brownells. I am about ready to send them back as they dont seem to fit right. I can barely get 8 in them and they seem really hard to insert. Maybe they need a break in period?

LARRY

[This message has been edited by seabass (edited 09-23-2001).]

·
Registered
479 Posts
Originally posted by seabass:

I also bought a couple of new
8 round Les Baer mags from Brownells. I am about ready to send them back as they dont seem to fit right. I can barely get 8 in them and they seem really hard to insert. Maybe they need a break in period?

Yea break in with these Baer mags seems to be creating the inevitable gash in the top edge as it bumps into the mag catch on insertion.. Blah! -Gilmore

------------------
ME,WE!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts