1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At one time I had a Spartan 9mm and a Trojan .45. I really liked both of them, sort of preferred the Trojan, but I let them get away for other things.

I came across a nice used Trojan in 9mm the other day. Very clean inside, could tell it was cared for. It has a little holster wear, as well as a piece of material glued to the grip safety to give it a bigger memory bump. It looked tacky and came off easily enough. It also came with a Dawson Tool-less take down guide rod installed.

Took it out today for a test shoot and I'm very pleased. It's a great shooter and am glad I got it. Put 100 through it today with no issues, it fits in my collection of 9mm 1911s very well. :rock:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one has been perfectly reliable since I purchased it, just got a little trigger clean up done and it's on par with my DVC L.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I'm considering a STI 1911 Trojan 5.0" 9x19 Competition Ready Pistol Blue Finish, Dawson Precision has a sale for $1499.
What about magazines, any brands other than STI recommended? I had one person mention magazines needed to be tuned to each gun, any truth to that?
Any information is helpful.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Good to know, I use Wilson in my Springfield RO. Opinion on the Dawson price $1499? It's a little more than I originally had in mind when I started shopping but not a stopper.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Do you plan on competing with it? Are you at a high level? The $1499 price is not bad considering Dawson upgrades and then going through the gun. They’ve been in more demand from single stack competitors since STI discontinued their 1911 line. Looks like they’re out of stock on the $1499 model. They have a more expensive hard chrome model.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I do compete at master level with my Marine Corps League locally and we submit a postal national bullseye competition each november but nothing else. Other than that it's just personal satisfaction. I've also been looking at the Gold Cup Lite, it appears to be the same gun as the Gold Cup Trophy without some checkering and a magwell. It also has fiber optic front sight which I also want.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I went ahead and ordered a super tuned STI Trojan 9mm, they said they’re built to order so it will be a couple weeks before it ships.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts