1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm completely new to this. I went down to the local store last Sunday to pick up gear (RCBS Pro 2000, etc). I'll be reloading 9mm and .45.

The question I had was this. The gentleman who helped me grabbed CCI #250 Large Rifle Magnum and CCI Small Rifle Magnum primers (can't remember the number at the moment). Both in APS of course.

Are these the right primers? I was looking at the #250s and they didn't look like they'd fit in the primer pocket of a .45 ACP/Auto cartridge. Or did he grab the wrong primers?

Mel

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yes he did........You want small and large pistol primers.
Chief

·
Registered
910 Posts
Another vote - Chief had it - yes, you got the wrong primers.

Go over your reloading manuals carefully - not just on caliber specs - the general areas too / there is a lot of info in there. Even doing that, or better yet, find a mentor in your area to help you as you start down this path. There are a lot of issues on reloading that experience can really help with.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you. :) The gentleman who was helping me does alot of reloading. I believe he just grabbed the wrong primers.

Glad I asked though. :)

What I have to do next, however, is build the reloading bench. Need to get my husband to help me since he has the brawn. ;)

Mel

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Small primers for the 9mm large for the 45! I use WSP for my 40 S&W and WLP for my 45.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thanks to both of you. :) The gentleman who was helping me does alot of reloading. I believe he just grabbed the wrong primers.

Glad I asked though. :)

What I have to do next, however, is build the reloading bench. Need to get my husband to help me since he has the brawn. ;)

Mel
Melody: Reloading bench have your husband build it so that he can jump up and down on the top of the bench and it will not move.
Chief

1 - 7 of 7 Posts