1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im greg, i just aquired a 1911 through a trade. i dont know what model it is as it dosent say on the box, but its the .45 verizon. NM sn.

first question... is the barrel supposed to jiggle around a bit inside frame when the slide its back?

2nd my barrel bushing that holds in the spring is really hard to move. any way to fix that? (oil didnt work too good)

3rd. what are some easy ways to "make it my own"

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
1. yes barrel should have some play
2. Barrel bushing tight= good fitting of parts and increased accuracy.
3. post some pics so we can what you're starting with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

like i said my very first one. feels great in my hand though.
any tips or pointers feel free.. this NOOB will not be offended

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
it appears as a mil-spec model with some work already done to it..beavertail and trigger and looks to be a new hammer as well. how does the trigger "feel". does it break clean and smoothly? i would detail strip it and give it a good clean/lube/inspection. As far as how it looks, i would dress it up with some new grips to start. Shoot it and see what preferences you would like, for example..ambi safety..extended slide release..

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
from the pictures - I agree with the previous post - some work on your mil spec.
looks like a SS bushing - which was most likely a modification. If tight - that is good - you can get "plactic" bushing wrench to use for disassembly - just shoot it the bushing will loosen up a little over time.

looks good by the way - if mine I would add a smith and alexander magwell and some new grips plus a pearce finger grove insert (fits under the grip pannels) to protect the front strap from scuffs and scratches. Hammer looks like a spur hammer - I would add a commander hammer to complement the beavertail grip safety.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum and 1911 club.

Nice looking weapon. Just an FYI, if you decide to have work done and change out that beavertail make sure you get it back from the smith. It's an old style King's and because they no longer make parts its worth something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts