1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. im new to this forum, and handguns for that matter. i just recently purchased a brand new para nite hawg .45, i picked it up at bill's gun shop here in mn. i had been looking around for a good 1911 compact to start my collection and this particular model caught my eye. i ended up getting a pretty good deal on it, after tax i payed about $780 for it. i have yet to receive my firearms permit in the mail, but i look forward to shooting it, and posting on this forum. i do also belong to s10forum.com my name over there is slideAdime, Thanks.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Welcome to a great forum:rock:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, still haven't received anything from the county. they said 7-10 days, and there was the weekend. any day now, im getting anxious! I'm an avid deer hunter, and gun lover. like i said this will be my first pistol. i do own a model 1300 shotgun (new), a 410 single shot, and a 30-30 lever action, the latter two were passed on to me by my grandpa joe.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. tomorrow i have to go back to the local pd to see what the hold up is on my permit to buy. i've never been convicted of any crimes, so im assuming its just slow paperwork.

·
Registered
317 Posts
thanks guys. tomorrow i have to go back to the local pd to see what the hold up is on my permit to buy. i've never been convicted of any crimes, so im assuming its just slow paperwork.
wow what state do you live in, you sound almost worse than CA! welcome and happy warthogging!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow what state do you live in, you sound almost worse than CA! welcome and happy warthogging!
thanks! yea im from mn... paperwork here is slow for EVERYTHING. it took a month and a half to get my new drivers license in the mail after i renewed it. i still haven't got my permit, and im getting really frustrated, cause i got a brand new nite hawg waiting for me at bill's gun shop. 7-10 days is bs. today is day 14.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
You have to have permit just to BUY a gun? Ugh! Sounds like New York. Glad I live in Colorado, all I have to do is fill out the Form 4473 (or whatever it's called) and BS with the dealer for about 15 minutes while it clears.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
your lucky! i wish it was that easy. well kind of. there are alot of people here i wish never to have a gun. haha. im really excited about getting mine. ill be taking my ccw course when i pick up my hawg, i waited on the course because i wanted to take the course with the pistol i will be carrying.

·
Registered
317 Posts
your lucky! i wish it was that easy. well kind of. there are alot of people here i wish never to have a gun. haha. im really excited about getting mine. ill be taking my ccw course when i pick up my hawg, i waited on the course because i wanted to take the course with the pistol i will be carrying.
we have a 10 day wait for guns in CA but dont have to get permission from the local law its just a DOJ background and handgun safety course if you dont have one.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, got the good news today, unfortunately, i have to wait till i get the letter on monday in order to get the permit.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got my permit on monday, BUT im short on cash at the moment (college student) and i still owe $180 on my hawg. within the next couple weeks i should have pics up of my new gun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts