1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just brought home my Bushmaster AR-15 today. Boy do I like it VERY VERY MUCH! I will post some pics as soon as I can but for now:

[This message has been edited by Lupey (edited 11-21-2001).]

·
Administrator
74,689 Posts
Excellent choice! BTW Bushmasters are known to be a little on the tight side when new. You may experience a few FTF/FTE failures until the parts wear in. Keep it well lubed in the meantime. I once bought a post-ban 20", and I had a few failures. I returned it to the shop/range where I bought it, and the clerk first drowned it in lube, then took it into the range with a full magazine.

30 rounds and 5 seconds later, it had broken in nicely and was working perfectly. Damn hot, though.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://usgi1911.tripod.com

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. They are kind of new to me so all is welcome. Also told by the shop that I bought it from that it comes with a full life-time warranty. Can't beat that!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I avoided Bushmaster for several years due to all the stories about, "you don't know if it's factory assembled or assembled by some jackleg, etc". My mistake. Recently purchased a preban shorty and it is the most accurate (for me) AR I have ever owned. Plan on buying a full sized flattop in the next month or so. As long as the quality control stays where it is, Bushmaster is the only AR make I will ever buy again.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
col132 I really wish I had the money to buy a preban but the funds not there (you lucky SOB
) Shot my buddies Bushmaster alot during range days and I really enjoyed it. So I had to go out and buy one myself. Looks real nice next to the AK in the gun locker

·
Registered
853 Posts
Congrats Lupey. We finally got the law modified out here in CA, so cops, unfortunately not citizens yet, can buy "Assault Weapons” again. We just placed a group order for 21 Colt M4’s at an excellent price that we will take possession of in December. Wow, what a Christmas! I get an AR, retire, and move out of CA.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just the move out of CA is a present in itself

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
Ah Lupey, Congrates on the New BM A2 Hbar

Now is a great time to hire an attorney....cause your other half is NOT gonna be happy when Mags start piling up, a few more uppers get dropped off.....Then you are buying lowers.

Then comes the collection of Sights and Scopes, Carry Handles and all sorts of things that work and don't.

Welcome to the club...Of AR ADDICTS.

I have 3 BM and a Stoner....My PreBan is just like yours with a Tele Stock and an A2 Flash hider.

Buy only USGI mags, Clean and lube with CLP and you are good to go

Karsten

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Lupey: I just picked up the same Bushy as yourself...shhhhhh!...mine is still hiding in my closet. I figured out how to get it in there, so I know I'll come up with a way to confidently take it out for an afternoon of shooting. BTW, I was going to start a post about my entrance to the "Black Rifle Club", and what should I expect to be looking for for add-ons, but I guess that's pretty clear too after reading these responses. I guess most of that will have to wait till next year, as this most recent purchase really threw the 2001 gun budget out the window
.geegee

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What can I do to a post ban AR? colapsing stock? I know the flash supress is OUT
but what can I do to it?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Originally posted by Lupey:
What can I do to a post ban AR? colapsing stock? I know the flash supress is OUT
but what can I do to it?
Night sights, telescope etc. Let's see, Wilson has a pretty cool looking compensator that's legal but I don't know if they install those on AR's that they don't make.

Titanium firing pins, and other cool stuff like that there.

Just sort of surf around and you will find all kinds of things. After you have spent enough money, MSN has a great legal resource page with all kinds of excellent and experienced divorce lawyers.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well in a round about way this is my anniversary/xmas present from the wife (GOD I LOVE HER)

She bought me a glock 27 that I really didnt want. The reason I wanted it was it was so dirt cheap and I know a good deal when I see one (I knew I could turn a 150-200 dollar profit on the glock) So I bought the glock selling it know for a nice profit and used it towards the AR

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Collapsing stock is illegal on postban. You can put one on thats permanently welded in extended position.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
Ah Lupey....What can you do to yours.

Here are a few ideas starting with cheap and working up.

Buy 20 and 30 round USGI mags.
Switch the 30 round black follower to green.
(My thinking, I buy Butt Ugly and have them Powder Coated) Then CLP the heck out of them.
USGI butt stock cleaning kit and fill the little bottle with CLP.
Tactical sling and side mount adapter
A2 carry handle scope mount, $20.00 low end to $60 with the ARMS #2
Cheap Red Dot for plinking like a BSA 30MM about $30 and on up from there.
Colt 4x carry handle scope...NO LEAPERS JUNK $20.00 imatations....Real AR Addicts will look at you funny with your wood screws for windage and elevation adjustments.
ARMS #39A2 bi level mount...puts the Red Dot over the handgaurds and Co Witnesses the Iron sites. This will not work with Reflex, EOTech or Bushnell Holosights or ATN Ultra.
I have only found 2 and the is a 30MM Red Dot or the Aimpoint.
A couple 1000 rounds of PMP .223 or a bunch of battle packs of SA stuff....Wolfe is dirty, gummy and I just wont shoot it.

It is a Dark and Treacherous Path that hath many a winding turn. Evil lurks in the shadows and beware the rath of the ATF....They will trick you.

Now just go shoot the heck out of it, clean it after about 200 rounds and good have more fun.

As for you next Upper or complete AR may a suggest a Dissapator A3. But you could get the Dissapator A2 and later get the A3.

Good luck

Karsten, A gun addict

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Lupey,

Popeye is right ... you can install a "look-alike" telescoping stock -- provided it is fixed in the extended position -- but you cannot install the functional version. That would basically constitute manufacturing a restricted weapon.

Apparently, in addition to all of the vicious pistol grip attacks and flash suppressor impalings that the Department of Justice was monitoring, a trend also emerged with folks being horribly maimed in collapsible buttstock crimes ... hence their addition to the oh-so-logical list of "evil features."

Don't even get me started on all of the "bayonet lug massacres."

Chuck

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all help I will look for that "fake" colapsing stock but if anyone has a link to one let me know please.
Storm I know those bayonet lug massacres are brutal

·
Registered
27,692 Posts
Bushmaster also has real collabsible stocks. By the way, has anyone ever really seen a BATF agent?
For more info than you will ever need but some real gems, including cheap mags, good ammo and which optics are best:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/index.html
------------------
"Even the most normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats"
Mencken

[This message has been edited by BillD (edited 11-25-2001).]

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
How bout no hand guards or forward pistol grips on a AR pistol w/removable magazine. Hense I am free to burn the livin s*it outta myself on my P.O. pistol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts