1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new A-Kote TRP. Nice tight gun with no ftf problems. Very accurate but hits left 3-4 inches at10yds. Can I adjust windage on rear Novak nights myself by loosening allen bolt and drifting site myself?? Hate to send back for that. Any expert advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanx, Dave

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Yep, OK to drift yourself. Loosen the set screw as mentioned, and use preferably a nylon rod (or brass in the worst case), and a small mallet or hammer. A brass rod could leave "tracking" marks on your sight.

If it is really tight (some are), you may have to invest in a sight-pusher tool, available through Brownell's for about $70.00 IIRC.

PS - you want to drift that rear sight to the RIGHT.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Shane. Can't quite figure why it is so off on a $1200.00 p.tag. Thank you for responding, you have a great site; learned alot so far. Dave

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
For the same reasons they are off on all the other production guns. It's a factory pistol and they don't do much fine tuning before they send them out. It's the same no matter what the cost on that type pistol. There are only a few that have some real fitting and finishing done before they leave and they are the custom shop pistols...It'll be fine. Just remember to re-tighten and maybe use a drop of blue on it. I can't wait to hear your range report!
Congratulations on your new SA and welcome to the site!

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
...somethin' else. If you haven't yet. Try several types of ammo. When you get the brand you will use the most, use that to zero with. After you choose a self-defense load that meets your criteria, you can decide by where it prints its' Point Of Aim or POA, if you'd like to re-zero with it. Different guns like different types of ammo. Even different weights and configurations...Some may print totally the other direction. You'll know more after using several types of GOOD AMMO...and choose the one that best serves...

Good Luck...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

I Like The Shade Too!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gyp_C. I did try different types of ball/target; Fed. American Eagle,Winchester white box/WinClean,and MagTech. It likes Winchester much more(still left,but less). Then today I ran 60 rds of Golden Sabre thru it. It hit POA at 14-16yds?!Very small grp,some thru same hole. So I guess I'll wait a bit longer to mess with it. Thank you so much for your help. I'll let you all know what transpires. Great site, THANKS, Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts