1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 200 rounds through my new TRP today. What a great pistol. I could not miss with that thing. Not a single FTF. The slide did not lock back a few times. Twice with two different Wilson mags and once with a Springfield. I have a slight mash with my Glocks. None at all with the TRP.

From up close and personal to about thiry meters the thing was dead on. Rapid fire, slow fire, it didn't matter.

I am really impressed with the TRP and the 1911 in general. I had better go talk nicely to the Glocks because they might be in for a long wait until I shoot them again.

Pleased,
MF

BTW, is Magtech ammo the dirtiest stuff ever made?

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Goldendog

I do not know if Magtech is the dirtiest ammo made, but it certainly is in the race for the title. Federal American Eagle, and Sellier & Bellot, are in the race as well. Though in a new pistol this is really a good thing, as powder residule will act as a mild buffing compound, which helps everything wear together properly. I suggest that you do a search for "Break In" methods; the Les Baer and Kimber folders may be the best choice since the question come up there a lot. Read through the threads that come up, there are several good methods, and select one. Then shoot your pistol for 500 to 1000 rounds following the break in recommendations. By doing this your pistol will actually improve with use.

Str8_Shot

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Sounds great, buddy. I'm glad it's working out for you. Let us know how you like it in the long run (which I'm sure you will)! :)

Andy

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am sure I will like it for years to come. I must have some mental problems though because I am already brewing up a plan to have a Caspian built for me. If I can just figure out how to get a hold of a Caspian receiver here in California since it is not on the CA drop list thing.

In the meantime I will just have to enjoy the new TRP:)

MF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts