1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got it to the range today for the first time, and I was very pleased with it. I went through 200 rounds of Magtech hardball without a single failure. Then I picked up another box of UMC 230 gr. FMJ, and it ate all that without a problem. The factory adjustment on the rear sight was perfect with the UMC, and just a hair low with the Magtech.

I didn't bring any of my favorite ammo, Federal 165 gr. PD, and the range wants $26 a box for it, so that will have to wait until I get some from my stash.

Damn, you could mount a grenade launcher on that picatinny rail!

Oh, for you folks having Micro Operator troubles, I put another 100 rounds through mine today with zero problems, as usual.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had some probs with my new TRP OP

Went through about 250 rounds. Had a lot of failures...mostly extractions. I'm not sweating it, it was cheapo ammo and its the first 250 rounds. I was very upset at the zero'n of my sights. It shoot very high at 25yds. Had to crank it down alot to even get it close. By that time I was get'n tired and didn't want to mess them up anymore so I put it down. We will see next time if crank'n it down a little more will make it shoot straight.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm waiting for my micro to clear "California Customs" waiting period, overall, if you had yours stolen, would you replace it with the same thing or something else?

I've got the mini light on order, have you found anybody who wants to make a holster for it with the light attached? I went through the search with my Trp Op and had a hell of a time to find a holster maker other than Blade Tech who would make a rig to fit it with the light on it. Nobody could answer what the fit would be like without the light on it in a rig built for the light...

I'm dying to take mine to the IPSC practices that we have on Saturdays, I want to cram my 10 rd mags in it and give it a go...

michaels

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wow...what a beautiful pistol. I've been drooling over them for months now.

That magwell--is it noticeably thicker when you hold the gun?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had Mitch Rosen custom bone a holster for the Micro Operator, but I had to send it to him for about 2 months to get it done. It's a great holster, but the custom boning charge added $150, and Rosen charges $50 to ship the firearm back to a FFL. I won't pay another $200 for Rosen to build himself a reusable pattern from one of my guns. :barf:

Yeah, I'd replace it with the same thing, especially if that gold-plated holster didn't get stolen with it.

I tried Comp-Tac, and they turned me down.

I didn't really notice the mag well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts