1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a full size KZ45 several years back that I follishly traded away. Have been looking for one on and off ever since. Ran across a guy looking to get rid of his KZ45 compact this week, and we worked a trade out tonight. Has a slight spot on the slide by the front sight , but is otherwise perfect. He said it only had the famous "2 magazines" fired thru it. It does indeed look like round count is very very low. Overall, a very nice pistol. I klnow some don't consider these "real Wilsons", but I have to tell you it is much nicer than most production 1911s I've had.

Not a big issue to me, but does anyone know if Wilson used MIM parts in these (mine is about 2 years old)? Gun is very tight and well fit. Trigger feels "just right" and the thumb safety is nice and positive. Came with 4 mags and they all seem to feed perfect. All in all, I am very pleased.

Oh, btw, I've "searched" the foru but can't find much in the way of pics of the compact version. Anybody have some to share? If I only had a digital camera I'd have mine up here. Thanx.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think if you call Wilson they will give you the answers to your MIM question.
I just looked at a fullsize used KZ at the local gunshop. They want $1150. How does that compare to your price? This gun has had more than 2 mags thru it but seems to be is ok shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts