1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I proudly now own a Used TRP Pro. This is actually my first 1911 so I will admit I am green on the topic.

After two trips to the range I have a few questions first what precision are you able to achieve offhand at 25 yrds... I realize the 1.5" guarantee is using a ransom rest however my groupings are very consistent to what I can acomplish using my glock 30 with (gunsmith) fitted bar-sto barrel.

Now Im using WWB for ammo and realize that is not the most accurate avaliable however I assume that FBI speced Gold Dots are also not the best.

Just for Reference 8 rounds fired with WWB fit in a 3.5"-4" circle.

Thanks

·
Registered
867 Posts
If you want to see what it can do, try some Federal, Winchester, or Remington match ball; and, perhaps some Gold Dots & Golden Sabre/Saber. You might also try shooting it from a rest and/or letting the best shot you know try their hand with it.

Good luck with the new blaster.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Shooting three or four inches at twenty-five yards with WWB isn't bad at all. For what it's worth the accuracy guarantee for the guns was with Golden Saber and not Speer Gold Dot, though Golden Saber isn't the most accurate duty load out there anyway. It should do well with any quality factory ammo.

Best of luck! You've a great blaster there. Enjoy!

Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts