1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the range after putting about 100 rounds through my new V16. What a great gun. I shot PMC & UMC 230 grain and Winchester 185 grain target ammo. I have never used the 185 grain and it was great.

I'm not used to a 1911 trigger (usually shoot HKs and Berettas) so I was shooting low but I was doing better after the first 50 rounds.

I had some FTEs where the empty case would be caught by the slide closing on it and a few failures to lock the slide. Next Saturday I'll concentrate on whether it's ammo, magazine, just needing break-in, or something I'm doing!!

I'm having an ambi safety put on (I shoot predominantly left handed but sometimes right handed) and an Ashley front white dot sight. Also getting a mag well installed.

I had the trigger pull measured today and found it to be 81/2-9 pounds which is a lot heavier than advertised (4 1/2- 6 ?? on the web sight). I'm sure SA would have fixed it but I was disappointed that it was shipped that way. I didn't want to pay shipping charges or wait for SA to work on it so I am also having a trigger job done on it.

Anyway, I believe this one is a keeper. Ordered the loaded 9mm stainless and should have it Friday. Would also like a TRP stainless but must come up with the funding.

I DO believe I am addicted and may have to sell some of my non-1911 guns to finance custom work on my V16 and 9mm and purchase of the TRP (hopefully).

[This message has been edited by QB (edited 08-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by QB (edited 08-25-2001).]

·
Registered
869 Posts
Bought mine about 2 months ago. I'm a happy camper also!
To date zero FTE's, but I haven't really used it that much to date. If I recall right I shot two types of hardball 230. Probably mostly S&B because I bought some in bulk a while back.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i owner a v-16 have q's

mine the front sight went loose after the first 50rounds, the rt side safty is loose and moves up and down when the grip safty is applied, the trigger seems incosistant (lite then very heavy, with some creap)i was shooting low and to the left (thinking it was the heavy trigger) so i held the gun and had a friend pull the trigger, he had to pull so hard he jerked the gun to the right. the slide to frame fit is loose, the slide rattles on the gun when shaked, the barrel is loose at the end when locked up, have any of you guys had the same problems?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hope your V16 is as sweet as mine

Guys,
I've been very happy with my long slide. It's still my favorite shooter, with no malfunctions to date with remington hardball. Broke down and sent it in for a fiber optic front site due to old fart blindness, but hope, and plan for this to remain my favorite handgun.

QB said:
Just got back from the range after putting about 100 rounds through my new V16. What a great gun. I shot PMC & UMC 230 grain and Winchester 185 grain target ammo. I have never used the 185 grain and it was great.

I'm not used to a 1911 trigger (usually shoot HKs and Berettas) so I was shooting low but I was doing better after the first 50 rounds.

I had some FTEs where the empty case would be caught by the slide closing on it and a few failures to lock the slide. Next Saturday I'll concentrate on whether it's ammo, magazine, just needing break-in, or something I'm doing!!

I'm having an ambi safety put on (I shoot predominantly left handed but sometimes right handed) and an Ashley front white dot sight. Also getting a mag well installed.

I had the trigger pull measured today and found it to be 81/2-9 pounds which is a lot heavier than advertised (4 1/2- 6 ?? on the web sight). I'm sure SA would have fixed it but I was disappointed that it was shipped that way. I didn't want to pay shipping charges or wait for SA to work on it so I am also having a trigger job done on it.

Anyway, I believe this one is a keeper. Ordered the loaded 9mm stainless and should have it Friday. Would also like a TRP stainless but must come up with the funding.

I DO believe I am addicted and may have to sell some of my non-1911 guns to finance custom work on my V16 and 9mm and purchase of the TRP (hopefully).

[This message has been edited by QB (edited 08-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by QB (edited 08-25-2001).]

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
CONGRADS ON YOUR NEW SA V-16 LONGSLIDE!!! What a great pistol!

I know how much you love to shoot it!!!

And not you have a baby caliber 1911 - 9mm --- and you wnat a TRP --

Those are definite signs of the 1911-itus! UNCUREABLE!!!!!:rock:

LETS SEE SOME PICTURES!!!!!:rock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts