1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no pictures but wanted to pass along that I found the name, Guns4sale on this site. Kenny, at Guns4sale could not have been more helpful. His interest in Dan Wesson will match anyone on this site.

Wanted to thank posters here because the information that I found here about the Valor helped me pull the trigger.

After I purchased it, called Dan Wesson and my call was returned quickly and my question answered thoroughly. It was quite a change from my experience with Sig customer service. Service was so good that I returned my Sig and purchased an HK. Can I say that here?

One of my gripes about Kimber is that they achieve accuracy in their high end guns with the aid of a 3 lb. trigger as does my Wilson CQB. Interestingly to me, when I picked up my Valor at my local gun shop, standing next to me was the U.S attorney.

If I had to use my Valor to defend myself, the 4 & 1/2 lb., crisp trigger measured at the gun shop would be a lot easier to defend and the word "hair trigger wouldn't be used," by the D.A. at my possible criminal trial or the attorney at my likely civil trial when some perps second cousin that never met him sued me.

Like an earlier poster, I've owned a lot of high end 1911's and my Valor feels better in my hand than my old TRP and has a better trigger out of the box than that gun had after a trigger job from the factory. It is better looking and feels every bit as good as my Wilson CQB.

I'm having a hard time believing that this is a production gun. Thanks to all here who made the Valor a big production, talked about it and published pictures. I have all of you to thank for my education and new arrival.

Couldn't be happier. Will let you know how it shoots.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Welcome to the DW Forum, one Mod. is a Master PistolSmith (Dave),
and one member is a Custom Pistol Grip Maker (Sarge43).
We will give you info, and our opinions, and yes, we joke around sometimes amongst ourselves.
You should know by now we won't beleive until you post a couple of pics.....

Clyde

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice. Very nice. Looks like it's going 60 standing still.

BTW welcome

Mike

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Thank you so much for the kind words. People like you are better advertising then anything we could pay for. I do hope we live up to your expectations. :)

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Nice gun. Congratulations and welcome to the best forum on the internet!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Both! All of you, including you Dave, have been the foundation to our success.

You all Rock!:rock:

Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congradulations on your purchase!!! Also, welcome aboard this great forum. You will find out real quick that the guys on here have very good inside with the 1911.
Anytime I have had a question it has been answered fast and accurate!!

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
nice catch on the valor.
ive spoken with kenny @ guns4sale several times in my quest for my DW.
we were waiting on several weapons to come in and he was great with communication and spent time talking on the phone etc.

during this process a razorback came up on gunbroker for 799 B-I-N and it was just a deal i couldnt pass up.

kenny was so helpful and outgoing that i honestly regret not be able to give him my business and would not hesitate to deal with him in the future.

... and props to DW for the tightest 10mm on the market.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Glad to have you aboard our little forum and congratulations on a very fine weapon choice,such a shinning endorsement from a first time DW buyer realy speaks well of the folks that build these little beauties. it sounds as though you are familiar with some of the bigger names in this business which gives your comments even more weight. keep us informed of your experience with your DW Valor.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Congrats, I know my Valor is SCHWEEET!:rock: You enjoy that gun and get us some pics!

I'd love to see a side by side comparo and range report, accuracy contest with your Wilson.:D

·
Registered
207 Posts
I found this site while looking for Kennys phone number, found it in this thread and just ordered the DW V-BOB Black, hate doing this though, now I feal like a ten year old waiting on Christmas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.