1911Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts
Discussion starter · #66 · (Edited)
@Shane1 and wilsonedbrown - good info, thanks for sharing. Will be checking my other 9mm's to see if they're similar.

Edit: All lock back by hand on an empty mag normally

goaround28,

Excellent, detailed and precise analysis. Great supporting photography to boot. Thank you for taking the time to prepare such a comprehensive report.

Personally, I have eight of the previous generation of Wilson ETM 9mm mags, which have proven operationally flawless in both of my 9mm 1911s over about 3,000 rounds. The only difficulty, as others have mentioned, is when attempting to insert a fully loaded (10 rounds) into a pistol with the slide closed, quite a bit of force is required. Doable, but requires an effort.

Question: have you tried to insert one of these new mags fully loaded and with the slide closed? If so, was there any difference in that experience versus the same test with the previous generation of ETM mags?

Thanks also to everyone else who has contributed to this enjoyable and informative thread.

Finally, kudos to Wilson on this. One of the best things about Wilson Combat is that they ceaselessly continue to evaluate the weapons platforms which they manufacture, and have been introducing improvements to those platforms on a regular basis. One of my favorites is the latest Bullet-Proof thumb safety design, but there are many others and this is simply the latest example of their dedication to the pursuit of excellence in manufacturing design.

goaround28,

Excellent, detailed and precise analysis. Great supporting photography to boot. Thank you for taking the time to prepare such a comprehensive report.

Personally, I have eight of the previous generation of Wilson ETM 9mm mags, which have proven operationally flawless in both of my 9mm 1911s over about 3,000 rounds. The only difficulty, as others have mentioned, is when attempting to insert a fully loaded (10 rounds) into a pistol with the slide closed, quite a bit of force is required. Doable, but requires an effort.

Question: have you tried to insert one of these new mags fully loaded and with the slide closed? If so, was there any difference in that experience versus the same test with the previous generation of ETM mags?

Thanks also to everyone else who has contributed to this enjoyable and informative thread.

Finally, kudos to Wilson on this. One of the best things about Wilson Combat is that they ceaselessly continue to evaluate the weapons platforms which they manufacture, and have been introducing improvements to those platforms on a regular basis. One of my favorites is the latest Bullet-Proof thumb safety design, but there are many others and this is simply the latest example of their dedication to the pursuit of excellence in manufacturing design.
Yes, I inserted fully loaded mags in the gun with the slide forward. The new one seems easier and went in without issue and seemed to load a little easier.

shane

Discussion starter · #70 ·
(...)
Question: have you tried to insert one of these new mags fully loaded and with the slide closed? If so, was there any difference in that experience versus the same test with the previous generation of ETM mags?(...)

Thanks LC. I too have had 100% success with the original ETM's. No real difference for me between the new and old mags fully loaded and inserted into a loaded chamber in Govt and Pro. The Pro MAY be ever so slightly easier, but it's close. None of them are harder for sure.

So I took the slide off of my Mono and fould the issue.. When the follower moves up to hit the SS it is moving to the side and going over the SS not pushing it up as it should.. The followers is pushing to the opposite side of the mag tube from SS and the SS ends up under the follower.. I have attached a photo I don't know if you can see or not..

Attachments

UPDATE - I tried my mag a coupe more times with all sorts of ammo and there were no issues. Seems to have worked itself out. Still not sure if it is better than all my other Wilson mags. Will buy another to try it out again.

shane

Anyone here with the new 9mm magazine and an Ed Brown 9mm?
Yes. I seated the new WC mag for 3 days and used it on Sunday in my stainless full size Brown. It ran great. Not as smooth loading as the Brown mags yet but got better towards the end of the day. Getting 10 rounds in it was no fun so I kept running 9 and is seating again that way now.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.