1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. The mailman just dropped off my new Colt Commander. It is just plain beautiful as expected. Two questions popped into my mind after I had opened the blue box. One, no brass included. Two, the serial number ends in WCA. Obviously, Wiley Clapp, but what does the A signify? Neither item is a big deal, but the curiosity in me wants to know.
Have a good day. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
23,187 Posts
No fired case in any Colt I have bought. Maybe in states where it is required and done by distributors. Wish they did. Would get you close to the manufacture date. Not sure it has much value other than that. I got mine in 2013 and still love it. It has a S/N of 3xxxWCA and not sure what the A is about either.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No fired case in any Colt I have bought. Maybe in states where it is required and done by distributors. Wish they did. Would get you close to the manufacture date. Not sure it has much value other than that. I got mine in 2013 and still love it. It has a S/N of 3xxxWCA and not sure what the A is about either.
Thank you Dakota. Interesting. I got brass with a Ruger I bought a couple of months ago, so I don't know either. The "A" must mean something, but at this point I guess it really doesn't matter. Be nice to know though. Have a great day.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The brass requirement was actually done away with in ny. I guess after millions of dollars spent and not solving any crimes with spent brass they actually made a logical choice and axed the program.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Good morning all. The mailman just dropped off my new Colt Commander. It is just plain beautiful as expected. Two questions popped into my mind after I had opened the blue box. One, no brass included. Two, the serial number ends in WCA. Obviously, Wiley Clapp, but what does the A signify? Neither item is a big deal, but the curiosity in me wants to know.
Have a good day. Thanks, Mike
IIRC, WCA is the Commander, WCB is the full size Government and WCC is the CCO (aka Lightweight Officers).

MA46

·
Registered
402 Posts
Perhaps it is chronological ordering: the WCA lightweight commander was the first in the series, then the WCB Government Model, then they produced the WCC CCO version.

JMHO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts