1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I have it on very good authority that Wilson changed their 8 round magazine springs again recently, and that the new springs have an increased rate.
As I have at least 20 47Ds that are over a few years old, and with tired springs, I was glad to hear of the new rate springs.
Unfortunately, I have e-mailed Wilson several times inquiring about receiving some new springs and can NOT get a reply out of them. I know I should just call, but I like to use e-mail as it allows them to answer my questions at their leisure.

Has anyone else had good luck with e-mailing Wilson, and/or getting replacement springs from them?

ktmhk53

·
Registered
28 Posts
FYI, just got four new springs for my #47D mags, they have an additional coil and are about 2" longer than my old springs. The mags were purchased new in June, and the new springs are definitely different and better.

I contacted them via e-mail and received a reply in a day, and had the new springs in two days (US Mail).

Agree that your delay with e-mail is probably due to the holidays...FWIW

·
Registered
232 Posts
Brownells has Wilson mag conversion kits, and list the springs as simply "Wolff spring". These include the V2 follower, and list for $7.16 @. Personally, I'd probably be happy with Wolff or ISMI springs, but the ISMI springs are a bit pricey compared to Wolff. We all have our preferences, but I think either would be satisfactory. ==Bob

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
ontarget said:
From what both Wolff and Wilson have told me, the Wilson springs are made by Wolff to Wilson's spec.
I've heard the same thing from people in the gunspring business.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts