1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my waiting finally paid off. My dealer got me a WWII with the new Contoured front strap. What a nicely made gun cant wait to shoot it hopefully tomorrow.. Here are a couple of pics of my new baby... :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
When you took off the grips,did it say Imbel stamped on the frame? Thanks,the reason I asked is I went back to the shop where I bought my WWII and seen another WWII that had the same rounded front strap but it was still made in Brazil.Nothing wrong with that,as mine is pretty nice also,I changed out my grips also,except DD checkered rosewood cocbolo.

·
Registered
122 Posts
brazil?

hey killed&grilled, do you mean that you saw a new ww2 that said fi brazil on the frame/ slide? they are all made in brazil if they are made as complete weapons in brazil, they are stamped "FI Brazil" on front end of the frame. if they are machined/ finished here they are not.
if S.A. has there ww2's made in brazil now they can keep the one I was gonna buy.
Jimmy

·
Registered
360 Posts
All the WWII's that I have seen all came from Brazil,Nothing wrong with that,I want to say a few don't have the IMBEL stamps,but so far I think ALL WWII have the Brazil/Imbel stamp either under the grips or under the dust cover or both areas.(I MIGHT BE WRONG ABOUT THIS)Mine has the blocky type frame,no chamber indicater,stamped Imbel,Brazil under the dust cover,so far 800 rounds of different types ammo and different mags and it runs smooth and accurate,no problems at all except for the cheap plastic grips which I replaced already.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup it did have the Brazil stamp under the Grips. it has one on the Dustcover also but you cannot really see that unless you look good. I believe all there guns are made there anyway..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts