1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I decided that I wanted a stainless commander and ordered a new Colt. I was very dissapointed with what I recieved. The pistol had the loosest slide to frame fit I have ever seen on any 1911 including some old war veterans. The sides of the stainless slide still had tool marks where the factory polishing failed to remove them completely, and the cheap looking rubber grips did nothing to enhance its look. The gun sat in my safe for a year untouched. I finally sold it a a gunshow vowing I would never buy another new colt. Well last week I saw another stainless commander in the shop. Compared to the Colt that I sold this gun was what I would have wanted the 1st time. It is the O4012 XSE model in .45 with all the bells and whistles. The slide to frame fit is as tight as my Wilson CQB and the Novak sights are superb. The rosewood grips and ambi safety make it look like a custom and boy does it shoot good. My faith in the poney has been restored.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I agree! Matter of fact, my XSE Lwt Commander in 38 super has a very nice fitted barrel bushing, excellent fitted barrel, and a slide to frame fit that I would stack against any others. Yes, I know....big claim, but I feel it is true.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for the good news.

I just ordered my XSE Lightweight Commander today. Should be a fitting companion to my 1970s Combat Commander.

The best part is the advertised weight of the LWT (26 oz) is exactly the same as my Springfield XD-40 Sub Compact.

-- Sam

·
Registered
424 Posts
just bought a XSE Gov't model, vlued the other day. I know I know, not a commander, but I love this thing. Cant wait to go out and try it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lightweight XSE

I have had my lightweight commander for a couple of months and I love it. It's needs a de-horn, but other than that, it has a tight fit, and will gobble-up 230gr SXT and Hydrashok like they are ball:rock:

I did dump the duck-bill for a Wilson drop-in GS and replaced the grips with cocobolo medallion grips. This is my first Colt--won't be my last I'm afraid!They did a great job on mine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had my lightweight commander for a couple of months and I love it. It's needs a de-horn, but other than that, it has a tight fit, and will gobble-up 230gr SXT and Hydrashok like they are ball:rock:

I did dump the duck-bill for a Wilson drop-in GS and replaced the grips with cocobolo medallion grips. This is my first Colt--won't be my last I'm afraid!They did a great job on mine.

Sike, any chance you want to pass that duck-bill my way? I am looking for one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts