1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VA-ALERT: New York TV coverage of gun stolen from Virginia‏
Sent: Fri 12/18/09 11:03 AM
To: master gunner

Dale, who owns Dales Guns, and I were interviewed by Mary Murphy with WPIX TV in New York.
Mary drove to Virginia to do the interviews about a gun that was sold by Dale to a young Virginia woman, was subsequently stolen, and then used in a gun fight with police in Times Square last week.
The only person shot was the perp, who was killed. Originally the media was saying that the gun the perp used was a machine gun, but, as usual when it comes to guns, the press got it wrong. Dale set them straight on that and reminded the reporter that the gun was STOLEN and all gun laws go out the window when that happens.

This was Dale's first interview and Mary caught him off guard as he didn't know she was even coming down, but he did a great job.
I, at least, had a day's warning. Most of my interview was left on the cutting room floor, like the part where I said that if Bloomberg would keep his criminals and illegal drugs in New York, then that gun wouldn't have made its way into Times Square.
I said that Bloomberg's attack on Virginia law over this theft is much to do about nothing, as it is already illegal to steal a gun here. Bloomberg was all worked up because the perp had some business cards of Virginia gun dealers in his pocket when he was killed. I wonder if Bloomberg would have been investigating himself if the perp happened to have one of Bloomberg's business cards on him. It's not like you need a background check to pick up a business card off a table. The business cards could also have been with the gun when it was stolen.

Dale's interview is in Part 1 and mine is in Part 2.

Part 1: http://tinyurl.com/ydvyx22

Part 2: http://tinyurl.com/y965t3t

http://www.vcdl.org

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
More guns used in NY felonies originate from w/i NY than any other state, including VA. The South has more freedom than NY and people are much freer to buy, sell and own guns here than in NY. Bloomberg ought to restrict his criminals' travel outside NYC rather than letting them go to other states. If he'd done that, then the street peddler wouldn't have stolen the gun and be dead today. Using His Honor's logic, Bloomberg has blood on his hands.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bloomberg is trying to shirk NYC's unability to control it's criminals. So much easier to blame someone other than his own liberal DA's, Judges and his kow-towing to "community activists".

·
Registered
539 Posts
Typical "journalism" of today. Lots of "buts" being used to make people second guess the facts as they were stated.

Interviewed folks didn't do bad, just unfortunate the reporters don't understand how unprofessional they are.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Wonder how many stolen NY gunsmake it to neighboring states and used in crimes? Bet that don't get reported, but then again that'd give blooming idiots s reason to enact stricter gun laws.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
So the solution is to encircle New York City with walls, fences, mines, and guards with orders to shoot anyone trying to leave or enter the city. Seal it off completely. Just make sure when it is sealed the Clintons, Bloomies and others are there.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
So the solution is to encircle New York City with walls, fences, mines, and guards with orders to shoot anyone trying to leave or enter the city. Seal it off completely. Just make sure when it is sealed the Clintons, Bloomies and others are there.
Can we do the same with Kalifornia? Please?

Of course, our 2A brethren would be allowed to leave first...

And I would be allowed to go back to NYC to go see the Yankees play...

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Bloomberg won't stop until he's prosecuted for facilitating straw purchases and providing the means for felons to purchase hanguns, as he did in his personal "sting" against gun shops.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Can we do the same with Kalifornia? Please?
And Chicago and those other nasty places.

Tracy, good point. Bloomberg and these people who are deliberately doing illegal acts to promote their agendas should be prosecuted for those illegal acts, regardless of what their supposed reasons were.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
It wasnt a druggie murderer but a gun that killed officer Timoschenko -RIP
Im so glad Im not in NY any longer
I escaped 2 years ago

·
Registered
302 Posts
So the solution is to encircle New York City with walls, fences, mines, and guards with orders to shoot anyone trying to leave or enter the city. Seal it off completely.
Sounds like a great plot for a movie! :biglaugh: What's Kurt Russell doing these days?

Seriuosly, will this ever end? Will Liberals ever see the light of day like people in Virginia, Wyoming, and numberous similar states? Will common sense and political centrism (true objectivity) ever return to the media, assuming it was ever there in the first place? I'm so sick of this BS.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
i'm continually amazed that people think the "press" wants to tell their audience the considered truth....the press has a certain take on a story before they leave the door with pen and camera in hand, all they are looking for is a few quotes they can stick in the various blanks to fill out the template.

if the press came knocking on my door asking questions, i'd decline to answer....no matter what the story was. don't feed the beast, starve them.

why do you think Gov. Palin is not granting interviews, but is getting her opinion out via the unfiltered Facebook and Twitter????

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Sounds like a great plot for a movie! :biglaugh: What's Kurt Russell doing these days?

Seriuosly, will this ever end? Will Liberals ever see the light of day like people in Virginia, Wyoming, and numberous similar states? Will common sense and political centrism (true objectivity) ever return to the media, assuming it was ever there in the first place? I'm so sick of this BS.
:biglaugh: I was thinking of that movie as I was writing that and wondered, "Who will be the first..."

The people in these places have long wanted to impose their views on people everywhere regardless. NYC (and other hyper urban places) wants to tell everyone in cow country how to live and what to do, yet they know nothing of it. The media just echos that.

The only thing that they have on the TV in the break room at work is HLN (the new name for Headline News), a sister network of CNN. I can't stand it. With all the serious things going on in the world and things that need discussed, what takes up most of the time to even include the shows with their "special panels of experts"? It was Michael Jackson for weeks. Lately it all about Tiger Woods. Celebrity scandals and tragedy gets the big airplay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice

A gun didn't kill him kinetic energy did. Therefore I propose a ban on phyisics.
:biglaugh: I'm at work right now, but that made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that!

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I was listening to a guy on the radio a while back. He was from Virginia. He was puzzled by the guns from his state. Apparently they're reasonably well behaved at home, but once they cross the border to New York, they start breaking laws all over the place.
L.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
:biglaugh: I'm at work right now, but that made me laugh out loud! Thanks for that!
You fail to grasp the seriousness of my post, kinetic energy is evil. It's plagued humanity for thousands of years. I did some investigating of my own recently and came to the conclusion that it was in fact Physics who carried out the murder of actor James Dean.

I'm just trying to think like a anti-gun person :biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts