1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Good for New Zealand, LMT is a quality rifle and mine loves 77grn SMK bullets.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Not a smart move in my opinion. As one who has carried and use AR platforms for decades, in several hostile environments - the Steyr Aug is a much better weapon system. I sold all my personal ARs and now only have Steyr Augs. Most Aussies and NZres that I was with overseas in Iraq, were bug fans of the Aug as well, over the ARs that I had them using.

More reliable, more durable, better ergonomics, better magazines, easier take down, easy to change out barrels, adjustable gas pressure, shorter length yet with the same length barrel, etc.

If I was heading back overseas into harm's way again, I would take an AUG over an AR in a heart beat.

Though as far as ARs go, if I was to get one again, the LMT looks like an outstanding choice.

My $0.02.

·
Registered
702 Posts
The AUG is an excellent weapon, but IIRC took them until 2013 to offer a 1/7 twist bbl option and the old 1/9 would not stabilize the 77 grn bullet.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Not a smart move in my opinion. As one who has carried and use AR platforms for decades, in several hostile environments - the Steyr Aug is a much better weapon system. I sold all my personal ARs and now only have Steyr Augs. Most Aussies and NZres that I was with overseas in Iraq, were bug fans of the Aug as well, over the ARs that I had them using.

More reliable, more durable, better ergonomics, better magazines, easier take down, easy to change out barrels, adjustable gas pressure, shorter length yet with the same length barrel, etc.

If I was heading back overseas into harm's way again, I would take an AUG over an AR in a heart beat.

Though as far as ARs go, if I was to get one again, the LMT looks like an outstanding choice.

My $0.02.

I agree. The AUG is easily the best "shouldering" battle rifle on Earth. The AR platform is Stone Age in comparison.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts