1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here for a about a year, finally decided to join. I'm a regular at the assault rifle boards. In case you recognize the user name, yes it is me.

In January I purchased a Springfield 1911A1 "Loaded" at the Raleigh gun show. Guys, I love this gun! And I love .45ACP too. Now I'm thinking about buying a less expensive 1911 clone, one that I'd use more frequently for plinking than my fancy "race gun." LOL I've seen Norinco, Sistema, Rock Island, etc. but I don't know enough about these to make an educated decision. Which one makes a good plinking gun, accurate, reliable, relatively inexpensive and can interchange parts with other manufacturers? What makes one model "better" than the other? I might also want to tinker with it sometime down the road so let me throw that into the mix too. Your expertise and insight is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Welcome aboard.
Personally I like my Charles Daly.
The new Enhanced models are supposed to be interchangeable. I happen to like the full size 1911, but the compact and commander sizes are also nice.
In the long run, no matter what 1911 you choose, it's going to be fun.

------------------
Three Blocks Long and Two Lanes Wide...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome. I'm rather new here also. I don't have much experience with the makes you listed so I won't comment, but there is a lot of knowledge here and I know someone will know!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
NC_Rebel,
Of the ones you mention, I have personally shot a Norinco and they are well made for an inexpensive pistol. Although, they can be difficult to locate (due to changes in import laws) if you want a new one. I hear that the Sistema Colt's are also a good value for your dollar, but have never experienced one firsthand. I would steer clear of Rock Island Arsenal. Just my 2 cents worth.
Welcome to the forum!

------------------

[This message has been edited by oldcolt (edited 10-11-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts