1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my replica WWI Colt (01911). The Carbonia finish is quite nice but I noticed on the right side two rather noticeable splotches if you look at it in the light just right. It appears the slide had a slight bit of rust in two spots before it was blued. Has anyone ever run across this before? It was new in the box. I also have a chunk missing out of the right checkering in the grips. There are basically three checkering "points" in a row missing. I did not notice this until I got it home and looked at it closely. I mentioned this to the dealer I purchased it from but they basically said since it was a special order I would have to contact the manufacturer directly. I guess I will contact Colt but wanted to know if anyone has had to deal with them on issues of this type. I am not saying I don't like the pistol but I am really disappointed about these problems. On a similar vein, is there anything else I should "double check" before I contact Colt that I might have missed? Also, is it normal for there to be some “play” in the trigger? It seems somewhat loose to me but then again this is the first Colt I have purchased of this type.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

·
Administrator
73,785 Posts
Both issues should be taken up with Colt. I've seen minor splotches in the finish of the WW1 Replicas before, so yours isn't the only one. As for the play in the trigger it's normal. My original 1918-vintage Colt also has a sloppy-fitting trigger. So do most Colts ever manufactured, unless it was a custom pistol with a fitted alloy trigger.

·
Registered
24 Posts
WWI re-issue with blotch/rust

I also just purchased a carbonia WWI re-issue and it has a couple of discolored spots on the slide rear, ejection side. This does not bother me. But, when the hammer drops it catches on the side of the slide... and this bothers me. I will contact COLT and post my first COLT warranty experience.

Cheers,:rock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts