1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have owned three kimbers all before series2's,all internal extractors and all ran perfectly and 2 of the was extremely accurate. I have been wanting a TLE-RL2 in SS and as far as I know and seen these were only external extractors/series 2 setups. I know the original TLE-RL in blued started out internal extractor before going to external. Question is has anyone owned or seen a SS 5" TLE-RL2 with internal extractor when they first made them and are there any currently being made (NIB ones) due to the extractor problems? I am not asking about any slides being replaced with internal extractor setups due to problems with your TLE-RL2 in SS that kimber fixed. I wish I could get around the hasle of taking a chance and just get a new one with internal extractor.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
The Kimber TLE (no rail) gun originally had an internal extractor, but both the black TLE/RL and SS TLE/RL (both with rails) had external extractors from the beginning. The only rail guns Kimber makes with a internal extractor is the Warrior and Desert Warrior. FYI, I have both flavors of the TLE/RL with over 2500rds through each and no problems. So, don't believe everything you read and hear. ;)

·
Registered
754 Posts
The Pistol Pete said:
The Kimber TLE (no rail) gun originally had an internal extractor, but both the black TLE/RL and SS TLE/RL (both with rails) had external extractors from the beginning. The only rail guns Kimber makes with a internal extractor is the Warrior and Desert Warrior. FYI, I have both flavors of the TLE/RL with over 2500rds through each and no problems. So, don't believe everything you read and hear. ;)
+1

No problems with my GF's pistol either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts