1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to intro myself being I am new to the 1911 product line. I am coming from the HK world and every handgun that I currently own is a HK. But lately I have had my eyes on a pre owned Classic model in SS or traditional upper black slide. There is one I am thinkn of purchasing pre owned that is but needed some helpful advice. Oh and btw every gun that I currently own is a 9mm. Looking foward to chatting with you guys and gals out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just wanted to intro myself being I am new to the 1911 product line. I am coming from the HK world and every handgun that I currently own is a HK. But lately I have had my eyes on a pre owned Classic model in SS or traditional upper black slide. There is one I am thinkn of purchasing pre owned that is but needed some helpful advice. Oh and btw every gun that I currently own is a 9mm. Looking foward to chatting with you guys and gals out there.

I too came from the H&K 9mm world. I have one of the original USP's and a fairly new P2000. I just bought a Wilson in 45 and it's in a league of its own. This gun is so enjoyable to hold and shoot. I may have to buy a blued and a stainless to compliment the armorkote Supergrade:rock: Mine has been flawless, but reading about Wilson's excellent reputation and customer support made my decision to purchase my first used pistol worry free:rock:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I do love my HK's (4 P7M8's, 1 P7M13, 1 first gen P7, 2 Expert's & 1 Elite all in 9mm). But lately I have been wanting a really nice high end 1911 & after looking at pics of the Classic I think I fell in love. Just undecided in which caliber? Probably a 45 being I have my eyes on a used one for a pretty decent price (under $2k beleive it or not).

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I am only familiar with HKs by their reputation of being loved by their owners. I own 6 1911s, 3 9mm and 3 45s. I love both but probably shoot the 9s the most due to ammo price and availability. My suggestion would be go with the 45 so you have something to compare to the 9. I have 2 Wilson 45s and they are both a joy to shoot, I shoot tighter groups with my 2 Wilson 45s. For under 2k pick that one up asap!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been shooting my CQB 45 for several years & love it. It has never failed to perform. I am picking up my new CQB compact in 38 super this weekend & will be heading straight to the range to break it in. You can't go wrong with a Wilson! I agree with the others you should try one out in 45, you will love it!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I secured it by telephone this afternoon actually. Will be sending a 20 percent down payment to them. 1899 shipped. All SS with a dark brown handle complete with all papers and 2 mags w carry bag in a 45. Thinking of selling one of my Experts to release some funds or one of my range user M8s. Either way I can't wait to receive her wether its around XMas or sooner.

·
Registered
869 Posts
You will not regret the Classic, one of my favorite ones. I have a friend that shot over 3,000 lead reloads through his before he did a major cleaning. Was still running when he cleaned it

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind of ammo should I run thru it when I finally receive the pistol? I am usually at Walmart searching for WWB 9mm so I would probably pick up the same in 45. And I will be selling one of my HK Experts in 9mm sometime this upcoming week.

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
With a "used" Wilson I would always suggest a few new magazines, new springs and good thorough cleaning and lube prior to your first range session.

Most any quality ball ammo would be a good test of your pistol. Right now we are using Fiocchi at the shop.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx for everyone's responses on here (sold my 9mm Expert this afternoon) so it is SPF for later next week. The Classic I will be picking up pre-owned does not appear to have the speed chute so this is something I would like to add after receiving it.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Correction, it does have the speed schute btw. Like I had mentioned earlier I am a newbie to the 1911 world. Yes I will p[ost a pic from the place I had purchased it from (layaway though).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts