1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mags that came with my Springfield loaded 1911 have floorplates that are flush with the mag well. I bought a couple of Wilson mags that came with .350" base pads. Do most 1911 mags have base pads this thick? Are the LP base pads on Wilson's site (http://www.wilsoncombat.com/basepads.htm) thinner than the standard ones?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yes, they are thinner. It is not flush with the mag well, but it does not stick out as much as the standard ones. About half the thickness (or less) of the standard .350" one.
The Wilson Combat website should has some pics of it I believe. If you see a mag that has a black base plate that is not as thick as the standard ones you have, then that is it.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Craigz... shamster pretty much covered this... Just a couple things to add...

If you run a Mag Funnel, then the 47D (.350" bp) will be flush with the funnel, the 47DE (.625" bp) will stick out about as much as the 47D does without a funnel.

The 47DC (LowPro bp) sits pretty flush, about the same as a stock Springfield, or Colt mag, maybe just .10" thicker.

You can buy just the base pads, and change out yours, without changing or buying new mags. Part number 47BLP / 47BLPA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts