1911Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was never a 1911 fan until last week when I came across a kimber pro eclipse (I fell in love, but we know what problems that can cause!). I own berretta's and Sigs, and I'm going to buy a Kimber, but which one? Primary use will be conceal carry. I really don't want to pay over 1k for a handgun, but I want to make sure I make a wise decision. Love the compactness of the kimber (pro and ultra), and looking at that Eclipse, well that's why I'm here. I've read the problems with the night sights, and apparently they may have an eclipse in all stainless out.
First question, what makes the eclipse different from ultra other than the finish? (I also can't help but wonder how the finish on the eclipse will hold out as well). I may go with the ultra carry in stainless, will I have to order the night sights seperatly? As mentioned before, primary use is carry. I've literaly taken a new sig out to the range and put 500 rounds through it, no problems (my new berretta 92 g has 1500 rounds in two weeks with no malfuntion), can I expect the same from a Kimber? ANY feedback will greatly be appretiative. I'd really don't want to "second guess" my choice in a Kimber. Thks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.