1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. My name is Jay and I am infected with the 1911 bug.

I recently picked up a deal on a two-tone SA Ultra Compact. I'm not sure what model but it seems to be pre-2000 since front sight is staked-on rather than dovetail.

I am considering swaping the slide with 3.5" barrel with a Commander-length slide and standard 4.25" barrel. I know for the Colt crowd, a Commander slide on an Officer's frame is SOP. So will the SA Ultra Compact mate with a Commander slide?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Basically, it sounds like you want to turn your gun into the Compact model, which features a 4 inch barrel and slide instead of the 4.25 of the Commander. I see no reason why it wouldn't work, but I'd stick with SA parts, as a series 80 Colt Commander slide with firing pin safety won't work on a SA frame.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i dont think the slide/frame will mate

the frame for the ultra compact does not have enough of the frame left to support most other slides, other than the small ones. i tried to mate my champion slide to ultra compact frame, technically it could work, but with the gap that remained between the end of the frame and the tip of the slide was a no go.
repoe3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts