1911Forum banner

newbie question on lubrication

1352 Views 16 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  CH
I just finished shooting my new springfield mil-spec for the first time. After I cleaned it up I started lubing and realized I didn't really know what the most important places to lube were. I tried to lube everywhere metal might touch metal, which seems like a lot of places on a 1911.

1. What are the most important places to lube on a 1911?

2. Is there a product that lubes the entire gun quickly, or is it better to put a little oil on a gun patch and individually lube each spot (which is my normal practice)?
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
another okie, nice to meet ya, where from? email at [email protected]

anyway, the best thing is to rub a drop on the barrel, (uh yeah, nevermind) and i rub some on the slide rails on the frame, i also put a drop on each side of the slide rails and then sit the slide on the muzzle end and let it run down the slots. i put a little on the barrel lugs, and on the bar of the slide stop. one thing i don't do is oil the firing pin. putting a drop on the cocked back hammer so a little will get on the sear is a good idea too.

the thing to do is when you have the slide off, look at the slide and frame and put a little coat of oil anywhere you see wear from the parts moving against each other.

russel the cop

------------------
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.