1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me understand this. So I have an older P13-45 stainless, where do I get parts for it? Do they have to be para brand or will any commander 1911 parts work? Thanks - oh and suggestions on where to purchase from. Thanks "EH"

·
Registered
22 Posts
It might be good to make a list of what is specific to the P13, and assume the rest is more or less common to the 1911 platform, be it government, commander, officers, or CCO (P13 being similar to CCO with Commander slide and officers grip length, more or less).

I'm no expert, but from what I've found so far, these items are specific to the P-13, and largely so because of the double stack nature of the grip area:

-Trigger (wider)

-mag release (longer), since original is plastic, definitely something to consider upgrading soon. Same could be said for trigger, but this one will wear out with use faster I think.

-mags (although P14 mags will work),
-mag springs

-sights seem to be Para specific and changed through the years, dovetail cut being an issue

-barrel is ramped, seems somewhat hard to find (for instance looking for a threaded version is not cheap, if possible)

-grips are thin type to fit double stack not sure if they are specific to P13 or Officer's size, but definitely peculiar to double stack.
-grip screws are different for double stack paras I believe

-Sear spring may be available at Wolff as noted in recent thread, but not elsewhere. Issue seems to be the length (will it be long enough?).

Get stuff from Brownell's, Wolff, Sarco (mainly this one), CDNN and other parts places.

Would like to hear what everyone else says if different from me or in addition.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was wondering about the barrel bushing as I've seen references to "the old style" barrel bushing, as I recall. But I've read so much, I can't remember where. Not sure on that one. On the extractor, as I recall, if you bought a P13 in the years preceding the PowerExtractor, then you use a normal 1911 extractor, I assume like one for Commander 1911. Otherwise, I think they switched to EGW.

However, don't take my word for it, as I'm spewing second hand info and have not worked on 1911's per se other than minor stuff. Just getting the discussion going.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I only need these parts (blued/black)

-Bushing
-mainspring housing pin
-hammer pin
-hammer

The barrel bushing for me is the hardest so far. I don't want another companies brand on it, just plain. also I'd like the parts to all be from the same company so they match in finish.

All the places Para suggested for there original parts, either doesn't have, or is sold out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Contact Tim Fusetti or the guys from Para on another site and they can help you. If you PM me I'll give you the group name and who to contact. There are about 6 former gunsmiths on the site that did not go with Remington. The parts are easy to find and most can be found at Sarco, Numrich, EGW, Wilson, Wolff, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts