1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a colt defender, i had a kimber ultra carry so i think it will be simular. Is there any thing special i need to know about this gun. Im also looking for a good concealed holster, im 6'1" and 220lbs so if that helps the reccomendations, i also wear shorts and t shirts a lot. i am also looking for mags for it, what can i use, im looking for more capacity. thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
The grip length might be a bit different, due to the overmold grip. The hi-stress parts (hammer, firing pin, extractor, ejector pin) are machined or forged, NOT MIM (metal injection molded). The fit is a bit looser, for reliability and resistance to dirt jams.

As far as carry holsters, look at standard Inside the WaistBand (IWB) holsters from Ted Blocker, Safariland, Galco...your size should conceal a small-frame pistol under a standard cover shirt easily. As a last resort, you can get an Uncle Mike's IWB holster, and use it in a 'butt bag' around your waist. The Soft holster will block the trigger area while it's in the bag, and will stay in when you draw.

Wilson or Ed Brown mags should do you fine. If they don't have any officer's in stock, Chip McCormick(sp) should still make shorty mags. I wouldn't try to get extended mags with a small-frame. You lose concealability BIG TIME for only two extra rounds per mag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.