1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

As you can tell by my name, I love JMB's 1911 so I went out and bought a used Hi Power. It's in great shape and has had a nice trigger job done to it. It still has the spur hammer on it and was wondering if the spur can be bobbed of a little so as to prevent hammer bite without compromising the firing pin ignition due to the reduced hammer weight.

Also, I noticed that the inherent barrel lockup / system is much more tight than a 1911, even though there is no bushing at the muzzle. What kind of accuracy should I expect and has anyone ever had their barrel crowned and seen an accuracy improvement.

Oh and also ( last one, I promise ), does anyone have any experience with Ashley sights on a Hi power?

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome to HP land. As for hammer bite, Kurt Wickmann at www.kwgw.com (formerly the top HP man at Novak's or Novak's themselves do great "no bite hammer" jobs. They actually radius out the shank of the hammer and it works splendidly.
As for accuracy, I would expect you to get about the same or better than you do with a tight 1911. (Wickmann and Novak's also do great trigger jobs which aid my groups, as well.)
Sorry that I can't help re the Ashley sights or the barrel crowning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts