1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a previously owned Custom TLE II that I bought about three years ago. I have run 7,500 rounds through it, give or take a few hundred. I have no idea how much it was used prior to my owning it. My previous daily driver was a 1991/A1 with about 2,000 rounds in four years. The Kimber has not been treated kindly. It has been dropped in the gravel, sweated on, used as a tapping device, (only once), been shot in an unclean condition more often than not, and has failed to fire only when the clip became dislodged due to poor carrying and or handling. The thing feels like an extention of my arm, fits my hand perfectly, and still look respectable. I wouldn't consider owning anything other than a Kimber. Which is the reason for my post. I want a new gun but have no way to test drive any of the new Kimbers. Size is not an issue, either way. Price is also not an issue. There is just too much to choose from. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Kimber SIS 5"; Guncrafter Industries railed 5"; Doublestar railed 5"
620 Posts
deleted

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
I know exactly what you mean about your TLE. I have one and it's my overall favorite 1911. I use it for carry and the range. Wouldn't think of getting rid of it.

So, what about another TLE? As L-2 suggested, maybe dress it up a bit by going stainless.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Just a thought..... it appears that you really like your Kimber, why not have Kimber refinish it ? Somewhere around $300 to refinish the whole gun and you could ask them to give the internals a look over while they have it.

Their design and quality control folks might like to look through a Kimber that has 7,500 rounds through it.

I like to hear about guns like yours..... one that is used and appreciated, not one that sits in a gun safe for most of its life because the owner is afraid of getting a mark on it !

As to a new model, you might look at the SIS Custom/RL

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/sis/sis_custom_rl/

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I'm a Warrior Fan myself

Here is my Warrior when it was new. Has more wear on it now. I really like this design.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts