1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase my first Kimber.

I am currently looking at a few and wanted a little input from the pros here.

the choices are:

-Stainless TLE/RL II
-Stainless Gold Match II
-Tactical Custom II
-Stainless Ten II
-Warrior.

If some of you dont mind giving your personal experience and preferences of these firearms. Price is not really a factor on these and I should say I am leaning towards the Gold Match II. Anyone with probles...anyone who just loves theirs??? Thanks way in advance!!!

Mark

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you want to do your best to avoid the possibility of any problems, pick the one with the internal extractor. I believe the Gold Match has the internal extractor. Beyond that, figure out which features fit your needs best. Good luck.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
If you're buying one "just to have one" any will do.

If you're buying one for a particular purpose it'd help us to know what that might be. Items like adjustable sights, ambidextrous thumb safties,full length recoil spring guides, and front cooling vents on a pistol used as a weapon are fluff at best (unless you're left handed) and liabilities at worst.

Likewise the alloy frame models are much more comfortable to carry. All steel or stainless models are usually better long session shooters.

Barrel length makes a difference coming out of the holster.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
290 Posts
sprg03-A3 said:
If you want to do your best to avoid the possibility of any problems, pick the one with the internal extractor. I believe the Gold Match has the internal extractor. Beyond that, figure out which features fit your needs best. Good luck.
The Warrior also has an internal extractor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be using it for plinking around and also home protection. Maybe some local target shooting with guys in the local club.

BTW thanks for all the good info...which kimbers have the internal extractor...how do I find this little bit of info out...

·
Registered
307 Posts
If I may make a suggestion that is not on your list, try to find one of the new Limited Edition Kimber Target Match's; you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Which Kimbers have internal extractors?

Sorry, but Kimber's 2005 catalog show the Gold Match with the Tactical Extractor, which is Kimberese for external.

Also per the catalog the only .45acp Kimber with the internal is the Warrior. All other calibers/models in 9mm, 10mm, 40SW, and 38 super are also listed with internals.

One problem with the catalog is that Kimber is using older photos for some models, that show guns without the external extractor, when in fact Kimber is currently producing them in 45 acp with the bloody ext. ext.

If I were choosing, I'd go with the Warrior. It's series I/int. ext. and with a rail. It's single stack, and if you want a capacity of 10 just buy some of Tripp's 10 round mags. If you want adjustable target sights, just change them out.

The only thing that you can't do is make it stainless. But you could send it to Tripp and have it hard chromed! Which would be a very sweet pistol.

Good luck with you selection.:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I decied that I couldn't decide so I ordered both the warrior and the Gold Match II...I guess I will see if there is a problem with the extractor...Thanks for the input and happy shooting!!:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mark911sc said:
I decied that I couldn't decide so I ordered both the warrior and the Gold Match II...I guess I will see if there is a problem with the extractor...Thanks for the input and happy shooting!!:)
I have both a STS Gold Match II and a STS Pro TLE/RL II, no problems here.

Oh, my GM has the external extractor and has over 3,000 rounds through it, mostly Federal American Eagle 45 FMJ.

I usually fire 200 rounds per trip to the range and field strip, clean and lube between trips.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oops, I forgot that the Warrior also had an internal extractor. Facing the same conundrum, I decided to buy the Target Match because of the internal extractor and no series 2 modifications, and that i just plain liked it. I really liked the Warrior also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts