1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gentlemen, Just joined. And just bought my first 10mm. Here is a pic of it.
The only thing that I can't figure out is why it say Colt model 01091 Delta and not 1911 or 1991. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Welcome to the forum Lost Soul. You've got a great looking gun there, with some outstanding grips. Let us know how it shoots.

Anyone have an answer to the roll mark question?

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Welcome to the forum. And I don't know anything about the Deltas to answer your question.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I assume the O1091 is on the box. It would be the model number for this pistol. Colt makes a bunch of 1911s and they all can't be called that. AFAIK Colt gives all the variants their own O frame number.
Welcome

·
Administrator
73,387 Posts
Moving to the Colt forum, where some of the Colt diehards might be able to ID it better. I suspect it was simply one of a bajillion different limited-run pistols the Custom Shop thought up during the 1990's and sold through select distributors. And yes, the "01091" is simply Colt's SKU for this item.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome guys. I took it to the range today and was verrrrry happy with it. It shoots better than I do. lol. Also a gentlemen at the range said it was a Lew Horton Colt Delta 10mm. And that I shouldn't shoot it to often. He said their hard to come by, and he offered me $650.00 for it. I told him maybe later but not right now since I just got it. Is there any truth to what he told me?

·
Administrator
73,387 Posts
Lew Horton Distributors did indeed receive a lot of special editions from Colt's Custom Shop, so it's entirely possible.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,216 Posts
I don't know anything about production dates or numbers, but the DELTA 10 has the same relationship to the Delta Elite that the M1991A1 has to the Government Model; a no frills, matte-finished gun of G.I. configuration.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm happy as a pig in the mud. I just got off the phone with Bob from Lew Horton Dis. He ran the serial number threw thier computer. And said I should stick it back in the safe, and hold on to it. The serial came back as a Lew Horton 98 10mm. Only 100 were made. But I bought it to shoot, So I will until I can find another 10mm to take it place. Man this made my day. I have one of only 100 ever made. WOW. And I would also like to thank everyone here for thier input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts