1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wish the new GBOB would be in SS. I am not a big fan of the black finish no matter how hardcore it is. If it was SS I wouldn't hesitate to pay $2k for it. :bawling::bawling:

/rant

·
Registered
429 Posts
The Kimber forum is 3 links down...........:bawling::biglaugh:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping to get away from Kimbers and heard the rumor about the GBOB, but was devastated with the subsequent news.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
You can get a VBOB in stainless.

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
I was hoping to get away from Kimbers and heard the rumor about the GBOB, but was devastated with the subsequent news.
Utttt Ohhh...see you didn't take my advise on changin' your screen name.:( You may experience problems here.:eek:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Utttt Ohhh...see you didn't take my advise on changin' your screen name.:( You may experience problems here.:eek:
Especially if it gets out that you two are actually RELATED :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
Especially if it gets out that you two are actually RELATED :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I've endured the pain and seen the light...NOT related at all, just a heads up to the OP.

BTW: Merry Christmas Bald1.:)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Since when are 2 people who are dating considered "related"?..........:scratch: (I would insert the hiding or running away smilie here, but we don't have one)

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Ultra NK.+ 1. Kinda got a good ring to it. Super dooper ultra NK + 1. Even better. Now you boys play nice and old Charger might let you come over and play in the pasture with the sheep.. You will have to stay away from the ram this time NK. Last time that poor old boy didn't know what the heck was goin on. It turned out real BAAAAAAA d. Now he walks around with a twitch. And a limp. :eek:

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
I really wish the new GBOB would be in SS. I am not a big fan of the black finish no matter how hardcore it is. If it was SS I wouldn't hesitate to pay $2k for it. :bawling::bawling:

/rant
You can probably buy the gun and knock the black finish off for under 2k. Check with a smith to be sure.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
The OP asks a question about the black finish on the new GBOB...

and by post #10 we're talking about NK doing unmentionable things to livestock.....

gawd, I love this place :biglaugh:

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
UltraMimber...

buy that GBOB, send it to me... and I will personally wear the entire finish off for you :rock:

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Never a dull moment. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sorry, I think I may be responsible for the sidetrack into the realm of immaturity........

OK, NOT REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock::rock:

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
maybe he has his heart set on aluminum...

He is, admittedly, a fan of light and cheap :eek:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OP, as above, why not consider the VBOB? Unless you have your heart set on 9mm.
That is the exact reason I am going for the GBOB. I have plenty of .45's laying around I need a good 9mm 1911 and I wanted something a little nicer than the Aegis II or the SS Pro Carry II from Kimber.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the frame/slide etc on the GBOB is stainless and then treated black. I bet you could have the treatment removed easily enough and then the weapon could be bead blasted, brushed, whatever you wish.
Good luck!
Sarge

1 - 20 of 48 Posts