1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first of I'm a little new as you may have guessed by the topic so please excuse any ignorance that may show through. And now on to my questions. I recently bought an Empire CD and am just generally looking for any modifications that you guys have done to your CD's that have "real life" improved the overall performance. Hopefully you will go into detail about the part information, as I am still a little unclear on what components will drop in vs. needs fitting. Although I have meet a local LEO who gunsmiths on the side and he’s offered to help me with more intricate parts or fitting. Thank you in advance for your time and patience. BTW I’m very happy with the CD. Cost was 415.00 and after 500 rounds I am quite pleased with it. But I did buy it to upgrade. Thank you all for your time and patience in advance.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
There is not much you need to do to them except shoot them. Most will need to have the trigger improved. The extractors are brittle. The recoil spring gets weak pretty fast. A trigger job will run you about $50 + any parts. I have found the sears to be fairly rough. Some are usable, some are not. Spring will cost about $7 and extractor around $25. HTH

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I'm a Colt/Para kinda guy and don't have any experience with Chuckie D.'s, but welcome to the post !

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd say shoot it. Don't replace anything that is working to your satisfaction. If you experience problems then work on fixing it.

Exception would be the trigger if you were not happy with it.

$0.02.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts