1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy at my local gun club has a pair of Gold Cup's for sale. They are the newer style, maybe a couple of years old, stainless Series 70. The thing is they are consecutively numbered. He's asking $2100 for them and they are NIB and NBF.

Pricewise, not a great bargain but the fact they are consecutively numbered is rather neat. Is this very common? He didn't order them this way, he just happened to be at the right place at the right time and the gunshop owner had them. Do you think it's worth what he's asking and is there any kind of collectibility for something like this. Is this going to be one of those "deals" we come across in our life and don't act upon, only to kick ourselves in the arse years later? Thanks for any help you have to offer.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
There were/are no stainless S70 Gold Cups that I am aware of....(Stainless was used by Colt in about 1983 or 1984, I recall their first add for a Stainless Officer's ACP...)

As for newer vintage, I have not heard of any stainless s70 Gold Cups either, but merely stainless Govt models. (There are of course, many Stainless S80 Trophy MAtch models around)

Any chance they are electroless nickled S70 models? If so, and both new, I'd snap them up!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mistake, Series 80.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think the ones I see are usually a grand. You have to check them out close though. Very inconsistent. I've seen tight ones and ones that rattle like all get out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts