1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always admired these 24-3 Lew Horton Specials, so when I got the opportunity to snag this one at a decent price, I jumped on it. I'll take some better pics after it arrives this week. In the meantime, here are a couple of shots of it provided by the seller.

·
Administrator
18,611 Posts
Cool!

I just wish they'd of made em without those adjustable sights...

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, amigo! ;)

I agree! A fixed sight model would have been the cat's meow!

·
Administrator
18,611 Posts
If one wanted, I guess you could go the custom route and have one of those fancy Bowen type fixed sights installed. I think there is another as well, though I don't remember just now who makes the thing. Now that would be trick!

If I could get my hands on one....

I'd like one in .45 Colt.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Mine is from the 250 piece Lew Horton run with the Clinton Hole from last year. I like mine with adjustable sights. Bought the matching 45 ACP but passed on the 44 Mag...

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
That looks great best thing is no idiot lock.. Let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, fellas!

Will do, Handgun Guy. It's scheduled to arrive today! :)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are a few quick shots I took of it after bringing it home today. I'll try and take some better ones when the lighting is better.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Beautiful “little” Smith ya got their XT
Looks kinda like a “Dick Special” on steroids.
Very cool, hope it’s a fine shooter for you.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks, Gerk! I've owned many N frame Smiths over the years, but this is my first "snubbie" version and I like it!

Unfortunately, some nitwit decided to polish the color case-hardened finish off the sides of the hammer and trigger and convert the trigger from a grooved to smooth one. That's the bad part.

The good part is now I won't feel guilty over carrying it and someone did an outstanding trigger job on it. The trigger pull is light and exceptionally slick. I actually prefer a smooth trigger over a grooved one on a defensive revolver though, personally, I wouldn't have messed with a limited edition Lew Horton Special.

Of course, I could always buy a new trigger and hammer for it and restore it to its original state if I ever decided to. In any case, I paid significantly less than the average price this model is currently selling for, so I feel I did very well on the deal, warts and all. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts