1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday, when I traded into the BAR I posted I also picked up a 3rd Generation (from 2011) Colt Single Action Army chambered in .44 Special. The gun is a limited edition collaboration between TALO and Colt; both 7-1/2“ and 4-5/8” barrel lengths; in .45 Colt and mine which is marked .44 Russian and .44 S&W Special. The .44 Russian is a shorter cased round; call it .44 Short! The round is still available but it pricey.

This gun has a beautiful, deep blue finish; the stocks are not original to the gun; they appear to be giraffe bone.

Enjoy!

Revolver Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun

Automotive tire Bicycle part Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Motor vehicle

Revolver Wood Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Gas

Beige Bag Eyewear Natural material Comfort

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Nice looking six-gun. You could always get into reloading and the .44 Russian would not be that hard to build. Same bullet diameter as the .44 S&W Special, just a shorter case length. Load data is still available and until Cowboy Action Shooting dries up the .44 Russian will stay popular. All reports it's a very accurate round, low recoil, and you now have the perfect platform to shoot it through.

Grumpy

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Nice.

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
On Saturday, when I traded into the BAR I posted I also picked up a 3rd Generation (from 2011) Colt Single Action Army chambered in .44 Special. The gun is a limited edition collaboration between TALO and Colt; both 7-1/2“ and 4-5/8” barrel lengths; in .45 Colt and mine which is marked .44 Russian and .44 S&W Special. The .44 Russian is a shorter cased round; call it .44 Short! The round is still available but it pricey.

This gun has a beautiful, deep blue finish; the stocks are not original to the gun; they appear to be giraffe bone.

Enjoy!

View attachment 619438
View attachment 619439
View attachment 619440
View attachment 619441

Enjoy!

View attachment 619438
View attachment 619439
View attachment 619440
View attachment 619441
Wiley Clapp advised TALO on this SAA

·
Registered
16,138 Posts
And there it is - the ubiquitous Russian connection (somebody call CNN). That is just about the coolest caliber marking you can get. Everyone else just stamps ".44 Spl." - no mention of the Russians. AYYYE CHIHUAHUA!! that is nice! I predict you will grin EVERY time you pull that hammer back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts