1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite buying three 1911s this year (I was fortunate to have a good year at work), I'm thinking of getting another to celebrate my 55th. However in this case I'll trade or sell a Kimber Stainless II to partially fund it. The Kimber is actually a nice shooter with an excellent trigger but I just don't feel a strong attachment to it for some reason.

The Colts I have are a Delta Elite, a Combat Elite, a Series 70, and a Series 70 GCNM. I'm thinking along the lines of a WC Commander but thought I would throw it out there to the forum to see what others think would be a nice compliment to my set.

Any input is appreciated. My wife suggested a 6920 - not a 1911 but I do like her thinking. She's the best.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The 6920 or other ar is a good idea if you don't have a semi auto rifle.
However, I was just fondling my Colt WC CCO. Man I love that thing. I put some thin grips on. Like it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
To each his/her own. The WC Lightweight Commander is my least favorite of the 3 WC models. For a lightweight I'd go for the CCO (Lightweight Officers). For range and HD I'd go with the steel frame full size.

So, you have a 10 mm and 3 .45s, and both Series 80 and Series 70 pistols. Might decide to try something in a different caliber. For your 55th you might go for something "Special", like a Special Combat Government in .38 Super -- then you'd have a Custom Shop pistol.

Or, for a reasonably priced and somewhat different Colt, you could get a Colt/TALO O1991HC. That is a limited run (I think no more than 500) with very nicely done rollmarks using an attractive and unusual font and it has a hard chrome finish -- for around $900.00.

Or, take your time and look for an older Colt in really mice shape -- though prices have been getting a bit crazy for really nice guns.

MA

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks for all the suggestions. All good choices. Will post again when I make a decision.

·
Registered
87 Posts
To each his/her own. The WC Lightweight Commander is my least favorite of the 3 WC models. For a lightweight I'd go for the CCO (Lightweight Officers). For range and HD I'd go with the steel frame full size.

So, you have a 10 mm and 3 .45s, and both Series 80 and Series 70 pistols. Might decide to try something in a different caliber. For your 55th you might go for something "Special", like a Special Combat Government in .38 Super -- then you'd have a Custom Shop pistol.

Or, for a reasonably priced and somewhat different Colt, you could get a Colt/TALO O1991HC. That is a limited run (I think no more than 500) with very nicely done rollmarks using an attractive and unusual font and it has a hard chrome finish -- for around $900.00.

Or, take your time and look for an older Colt in really mice shape -- though prices have been getting a bit crazy for really nice guns.

MA
i second that choice for a colt is 38 super....its a great cartridge and alot of fun to shoot...its a different shooting sensation and its highly accurate to boot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts