1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Cant open the link on my firewall but I can assume the content..

The NFL is playing the role of useful idiot.

They are under attack (racism, bullying, concussion injuries) by the left yet support the left in its causes.

Where is the NFL's conscience concerning deaths caused by alcohol?

If the left has their way the NFL will be playing with belts adorned with velcro flags. Not much money in watching that.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Not that I agree with the NFL on their stance but I think guns and ammo go it wrong.

They clearly mention firearms at the very end of the ad. Their store comparison doesn't really make sense to me.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
According to the NFL guidelines from another article...

“5. Firearms, ammunition or other weapons are prohibited; however, stores that sell firearms and ammunitions (e.g., outdoor stores and camping stores) will be permitted, provided they sell other products and the ads do not mention firearms, ammunition or other weapons.”
They show a firearm logo at the end and guns are what they are advertising in this instance.

I like the ad, but lets face it, the Super Bowl is a multi-billion dollar thing. No one is going to put something in there that they feel will compromise anything (potential anti-gun outcry)

·
Registered
536 Posts
This has been brought up on multiple forums. But a Superbowl ad costs more than 3.5 Million dollars to run. Once. I doubt Daniel Defense has that kind of cash. So I am suspicious when someone says this ad was banned in the first place.

·
Premium Member
9,150 Posts
I think it's a silly rule but it's doubtful that it will stir a national outcry, a boycott, or even several very stern letters. This happens to be muckraking that will lead us nowhere. Yeah it's a stupid rule. If Ron Jeremy or Jenna Jamenson were paid to do a commercial for say Trojan Condoms it would pass muster with flying colors (I would not be even slightly offended) it will undoubtedly offend a certain segment of viewers. Same with advertisements for alcohol and the like. I just think we ought to focus our energies on the politicians and anti-gun groups attempting to legislate and lobby for more gun control. We are very unlikely to get anywhere with a business making a perfectly legal choice to avoid certain advertisements and advertisers and we should pool our resources for fights we have a shot at winning.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I haven't watched any NFL games for years. Listening to the latest report of players being arrested for drunk driving, drug abuse, murder, assault, dog fighting, domestic violence, etc..... turned me off.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Edit out the rifle at the end and it should be good to go by NFL standards as far as I can tell.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
I commend them for having the funds to sponsor an ad like that with the cost of airtime! That's a good sign for all gun owner's that they were able to make it to this point.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
The only reason I call BS is that I don't know if Daniel Defense has that kind of cash to buy ad space during a Superbowl ad. At over 1:00 it would cost them north of 7 million to air it, if current online stats of Superbowl airtime are correct. Could have been a PR stunt, knowing that the NFL would punt the ad.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I wouldn't give you two cents for any of the games, football, baseball, basketball. They are a bunch of way over pain drug addicts that get away with murder. No one is worth the money these morons get paid. Pigskin it supose to be fried & eaten, not to be abused by a bunch of half-with three hundred baboons.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
The only reason I call BS is that I don't know if Daniel Defense has that kind of cash to buy ad space during a Superbowl ad. At over 1:00 it would cost them north of 7 million to air it, if current online stats of Superbowl airtime are correct. Could have been a PR stunt, knowing that the NFL would punt the ad.
Yep and very good marketing!

·
Banned
3,845 Posts
What a Pant Load!! Daniel Defense just did that for publicity! Never had any intention of doing it! Black Gun market is dead--they need to hang on to what money they have left!

·
Banned
3,845 Posts
Glad the NFL did that!! Good for the NFL and bad on DD! They were just getting CHEAP publicity because the black gun market is as dead a door nail. DD (maybe a shill did) had no intention of spending money they better be saving!

A cheap trick that one would expect of the left.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Love the NFL's "Policies" - They will take every penny Bud Light will offer up - as if drinking and driving doesn't kill more people than firearms do...

·
Registered
540 Posts
They must have a pretty smart PR person who came up with the idea. The production cost are not that expensive considering the PR they have already gotten. That got their minute of fame for a fraction of what a real dad would have cost them. USA ingenuity, gotta love it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.