1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a NHC Classic from George at Gunslingers yesterday. The only change I asked for was a black adjustable rear sight. Now I just have to wait until next September! BTW, George can get you a better price than ordering it yourself. Nice guy to talk to.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I ordered a NHC Classic from George at Gunslingers yesterday. The only change I asked for was a black adjustable rear sight. Now I just have to wait until next September! BTW, George can get you a better price than ordering it yourself. Nice guy to talk to.
I just put an order in with George yesterday also for the NHC Classic

-DLC
-Blackout upgrade
-Vertical lines on the front strap and MSH (Opinion on this? I like the look, hoping It grips decent. I can always change to the scallop)
-Front Tritium sight (gold bead causes too much glare since I wear contacts”
-Extended magwell
-Mammoth grips.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just put an order in with George yesterday also for the NHC Classic

-DLC
-Blackout upgrade
-Vertical lines on the front strap and MSH (Opinion on this? I like the look, hoping It grips decent. I can always change to the scallop)
-Front Tritium sight (gold bead causes too much glare since I wear contacts”
-Extended magwell
-Mammoth grips.
Since you went with Mammoth grips you might like more aggressive cut on the MSH and front strap as the Mammoth will be smooth and slick. Also, I have the gold bead on my ACW Prime Elite and when shooting indoors at the local range I hardly notice the bead.

·
Registered
474 Posts
You guys are going to love your Classic, I know I do:

Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
You guys are going to love your Classic, I know I do:

Ray

Ray first off that is an amazing looking pistol, is it DLC or Nitride? I can definitely see a Classic in the works sone.

Reactions: TXGR

·
Registered
309 Posts
Congrats. I am envious. If my plans go well, I’ll sell some other pistols and rifles in November and then place my order for a NHC Shadowhawk with rail and DLC in 38 Super through George.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ray first off that is an amazing looking pistol, is it DLC or Nitride? I can definitely see a Classic in the works sone.
Eric,

It is polished DLC on it.

Nighthawk posted a picture of one, and at that point I knew I needed one, lol.

Ray

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Since you went with Mammoth grips you might like more aggressive cut on the MSH and front strap as the Mammoth will be smooth and slick. Also, I have the gold bead on my ACW Prime Elite and when shooting indoors at the local range I hardly notice the bead.
That was my main concern. I’ll probably have George change it to the scallop. Whatcha think? I’m trying to picture the scallop look or maybe even the stipple on this gun. I’m not near as experienced as you folks with all the ins and outs. Reliability is my #1 priority then finish and cosmetics after.
Guide rod? Everlast, or stick with the what it comes with.

The round butt it comes with. Not exactly sure the “details on this”. Do you think an extended magwell will throw the Classic look off? I had him order the extended magwell on my Classic.

Before I email George on any changes. Anything else you can think of that I might look into? After this purchase, I’ll have to take a break from purchasing another one for at least a couple years. I want to buy once, cry once on this 2nd nighthawk (minus going up to a VIP model)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’m starting to get better with the gold bead. My contacts (Astigmatism). If driving at night, light glare basically expands. My contacts have a correction to help with this. My eye sight isn’t horrible. (-0.50). The glare of the gold bead is what makes it tough. It varies based on sun direction. Although, I’ve been shooting very well and it hasn’t been an issue lately. I really wouldn’t call it a glare from the front sight. More along the the lines of the gold color not being pronounced enough for my eye sight. That was on my first outing with this 1911. Im not having any trouble now. Minus double taps, rapid fire. Im getting better at recoil recover, etc. I went 8 years without shooting handguns. Im finding my groove again, but I still have MUCH to learn regarding the 1911 in general. I’ve owned them, I’ve just never spent the time trying to “learn” the mechanical aspect of it (tolerances, trouble shooting, etc etc).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts