1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS:GUNNUTS HERE,I took my NIB COLT com. cam. XS! out back to my range yesterday,Fit & finish very good nice and smooth inside the slide and frame,feedramp very nice!only shot 110 rounds no FTF of any kind,60 rounds of PROLOAD 230gr.target grade& 50 rounds of PMC 230gr.fmj,with the proloads at 15 yards free hand,I could put 7 rounds all inside a 3" x 4" stick on label,not bad for me,One thing!I shoot into a stack of tires filled with sand and I found one proload bullet that was in very good shape not deformed,I found on the bullet that on 1/2 maybe 5/8 of it had nice rifling marks,but on the rest there was almost no marks very light almost no marks at all! what do you guys think of this?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I found on the bullet that on 1/2 maybe 5/8 of it had nice rifling marks,but on the rest there was almost no marks very light almost no marks at all! what do you guys think of this?

I think you should box it up and send it to me immediately. I'll square everything away, no charge. I don't guarantee returns, however.

I don't really think there's anything to worry about just yet. Shoot it some more and check your accuracy with several loads. Then with the weapon UNLOADED and field stripped, check your bore while it is still dirty and fouled. There will be tell-tale markings within that will (combined with your accuracy results) tell the real story.

When you are finished with these tests, send it to me anyways....

Callahan

------------------
"I would like to see a restoration of a Constitutional Republic, with the federal government defanged, muzzled, shackled and cast back into its constitutional prison." - Noumenon (From FreeRepublic.com)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HEY INSPECTOR:GUNNUTS HERE,Do you want me to send my NIB never fired gray frame wood grips CCO along also?thanks for the input.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey, "Dirty Harry"
, since you seem to be a seasoned shooter, I have a question: Is it possible that when a barrel heats up a considerable amount (too hot to touch) that it expands enough to allow the bullet to get loose or wobble down the barrel? I wonder this because it seems to me that might cause a bullet to show incomplete rifling like gunnuts was describing. Because when my commander heats up, slide play is noticeably increased.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts